rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I would suggest that you turn one of the rear chambers into a fuge, and move the cheato out of your display.....you can look at my old solana thread, or someone else to see what we have done. This would also give you 24 lighting, which would help keep you PH more stable.

there is a chamber for you heater in the back also

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I got the dual intank submersible light from StevieT Friday and i Actually just converted the left chamber into a fuge. I'm in the process of trying to make a little holder for the chaeto out of the stock skimmers acrilic and egg crate.

I put the heater in the rear chamber a while ago. It was during the crazy period of adding stuff hehe

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
2 more, changed the scape

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 202

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I would not have rocks leaning against the glass. First, it will scratch the glass, then it makes it hard to clean the glass, and god for bid a rock falls, it "could" break the glass.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
thanks for the advice,

i just got finished moving it off the glass. it looks like its still on there but its not, everything is very secure, anyways heres a picture of it finished.

ps next time i start a tank im using less rock lol , so hard to come up with something in such a small tank lol.

thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 193
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Tank is 20x20x20, light is 20inch nova extreme pro t5s 6x 18watt

with the trim on top it adds around another inch on each side
so the light could support like 22" with the stock adjustable brackets

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
hey bruce,

Thanks! its coming along great. slowly but surely it will be stocked with cool stuff in the future. its hard to decide what corals to get. i wasted alot of money buying stuff i really do not want for the long term. which is good for the learning process but harder on my pockets. Being in Staten island it is a pain for buying frags on here. not many si reefers that sell anything and the travel is hard. Staten island is like a forgotten borough for traveling...its a pain to get in and out of.

actually the wooden top is a solana trim kit that Current makes, costs roughly around 60$ which to me was a little high. the construction is decent, nice fit and all. i only added it because i have a small chip on the top of the tank and didnt want to look at it ever again lol.

i just got my custom mag-rock in the mail today. its bright white on the back wall of my tank. ill take some pictures tonight and post them up.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Finally Got the scape looking right after messing it up and took a few new night pictures..

some other new things i bought: [it never ends lol]

6 replacement bulbs for my nova extreme pro [well needed]
Aqua-Mag rock for the rear wall

also picked up some stuff from a member on here. he gave me a great price. thanks john.

Reef Keeper light [finally]
an Auto Top off system
1. PowerBrite LED [blue] these things look amazing. the shimmer ...jeeze

using an iphone...ill take some nicer pictures tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2403.jpg
    IMG_2403.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 159
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
i used black UV Bird mesh from Home depot.

Figured i would customize the top a little more for a feed window. i did it and then realized that it would block light from hitting the bottom :smash:. but! either way its good for the rear chamber now i can still access it when the top is on. It measured out to be the same size of the rear chamber...all in all everything is perfect for me. heres two more pics...

its not perfect but constructed the best i could with a warn out hacksaw, a ruler lol - and not too mention i was working on a bedroom floor with a screwdriver and my fingers lol

. they only had the corners in grey so it looks eh! and i grabbed these hinges on the way out lol

hey j900 - were you talking about this guy? lol i was finally able to get a nice shot of him. hes been shooting sand at everyone!

i made the top too keep him in, i was open top for a few months and since i got the jawfish i have used the glass top....i wasnt feeling the glass top. I had a raise in temp and alot of condensation blocking light.

Attachments

• thetop3.jpg
    thetop3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 132
  • the top4.jpg
    the top4.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 136
  • the fullshot.jpg
    the fullshot.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 130

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: