jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
you are getting a siphon in the overflow. you can either try enlarging the aspiration hole on your durso, or lowering the flow from your return pipe (or both)

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to try lowering the flow from my return pump and adjusting the air coming into the durso. I already have airline tubing attached in an attempt to silence it, but it looks like there's not enough air.

I also might sell my return pump and buy one with less flow.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Sorry for my ignorance on this, but ill have to look up the john guest fitting. I have been in the city most of the afternoon so I haven't been able to tinker with the setup. (Was able to stop by Manhattan Aquariums and check out their awesome stuff and picked up some Powerbrites ;))

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
If you are using a piece of airline to quiet it down - you can get an airline valve at most any LFS that will also work.

Nice set-up - it's a great tank, looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!
btw.. I set up the same tank yesterday :), will post mine tonight sometime after the game..if I can still type ..lol

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
If you are using a piece of airline to quiet it down - you can get an airline valve at most any LFS that will also work.

Nice set-up - it's a great tank, looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!
btw.. I set up the same tank yesterday :), will post mine tonight sometime after the game..if I can still type ..lol

Thanks Kathy! Post up some pictures of yours!

I really love the footprint of this tank. Lots of front to back room and it's (IMO) a perfect ratio

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Here's a few pics of what it looks like painted:

008-5.jpg

and the door:

011-3.jpg

Here's what it looks like from the inside:

018-1.jpg

And a skimmer shot:

014-2.jpg

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
That shot was taken after only a day or two running. Not too bad considering it was brand new and I only have 2 smallish clowns, 2 harlequin shrimp, and a clean up crew.

As for the tank and its surroundings, please excuse the mess as that was before cleaning up afterward. I just snapped some quick pictures.

Also, the rockscape isn't going to stay like that. I'm adding some more sand this week and will re-arrange the rock work so it looks better (more minimalist and better layout for flow, coral placement, and viewing from the room) ..

Tonight I'm going to install the Powerbrites completely into the canopy. I've got a few ideas.

I'm also planning on constructing a nice cave structure out of PVC for a Blue Spot Jaw. :approve:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Here's a few updated pictures. The first pic is from last night when I added some sand and it clouded the tank. Looked awesome with the blue LED's on it. Couldn't catch it fully, but you get the idea.

006-6.jpg

The second pic is the view from my kitchen table:

004-8.jpg

Here's another one to show the Powerbrite LED's.

010-3.jpg

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Thanks Ted. Unfortunately the frags didn't make it :( I put them in the 72 gallon's sump (in a large plastic baggie in the sump actually) and they must have gotten banged around due to the flow. It was definitely my fault they didn't make it :(

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
haha, yep that was The Office "Michael J. Scott".. I'm training my fish to swim around in circles when The Office is on :D Thanks for the kind words though jaa1456

Will have to take it somewhat slow from here. (Funds don't allow anything faster, lol) Overall it will be better for my tank because I'll be able to better plan coral placement and will be able to make better coral choices.

I have a few 'different ideas' though

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: