E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
over the last few weeks I've been able to make a few changes and update some things (all while spending zero dollars :lol2:). ...I changed the rock around a little, traded my blue spot jaw for a few nice LPS and SPS corals, traded my anemone for a nice red mandarin (I have plans for a 'pod machine' :lol2:.... more details on that later..)

Also, I'm contemplating trading in my MP20 for 2 x Koralia 2x.. I don't want to but I'm thinking about downgrading pumps so I can buy some more corals for my empty tank. We'll see about that though. You can't beat the flow with the mp20's, but my thinking is.. what's the point of amazing flow when there's rock and a few fish in there.

Crazy money. Always ruining my fun :scratch:

Last edited:

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Tank is looking really grate

Thanks for the compliment.

I should try and get some pictures up. It's starting to look a bit better. I just picked up some nice zoanthids and rearranged some things.

On a side note; I need a new MH bulb. That's going to be fun.

I was thinking about going with the Elos 20,000K but it's received mixed reviews. Some like it; some say it's terrible. Kind of surprised at that news, actually.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I just ordered a new Phoenix 14,000K bulb from good ole' Saltwater Critters. Took advantage of their swap special. Should be here either tomorrow or Friday :thrash:

Really hoping this will make the colors POP a bit more.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Think it's time for an update.. I traded out the MP20 and bought 2x MP10s for my tank. I put them on the back wall facing forward. So far I like the flow they're providing.. The SPS LOVE it but the zoas and some of the LPS are a bit annoyed. I've been moving the zoas around a bit.

Also, I bought a Euro Reef RS 80 and took out the Vertex IN 100 b/c I feel like it's a better match for my tank. So far the ER has been skimming out quite good, but it's still breaking in.

The Vertex is an awesome skimmer, but IMO it's a better fit for a tank in the 55-75 gallon range.

I am sad to report that the ricordia and my favorite zoas, the EZ Palys, have both shriveled to almost nothing over the past week. :( I think it's a combination of too high light/very high flow that did them in. I tried moving both to a darker/calmer area, but it looks like it was too late for them.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Nice update. Hope to hear your ric and zoa's recover. The nice thing about zoa's is that even with about one molecule of life in it, it can recover. Ric's are a bit harder to bring back, IMO.

A pic would be nice :)

Russ

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Nice update. Hope to hear your ric and zoa's recover. The nice thing about zoa's is that even with about one molecule of life in it, it can recover. Ric's are a bit harder to bring back, IMO.

A pic would be nice :)

Russ

Thanks Russ, I'm really liking the MP10!!

I hope the Zoas recover as well.. I think the Ric is done for. :(

I'll try and post a pic this weekend, but they're just not coming out great lately.

Ming, good question. I made the back frame a bit longer than the sides, so it drops down past the tank rim in the back. Also, if you're looking at the tank head on, there's an ugly piece of wood centered in the middle of the canopy, on the inside part of the tank's rim.. that does a great job keeping it in place in conjunction with the other piece of wood.. (LOL.. I hope my rambling makes sense) :spin:

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Nice looking tank man from looking at the picks your first skimmer was to deep in the water most skimmers have recomended water level 6-8 it also depends on a skimmer look in to it u might get more out of it

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Nice looking tank man from looking at the picks your first skimmer was to deep in the water most skimmers have recomended water level 6-8 it also depends on a skimmer look in to it u might get more out of it

That's a very good point. I had it pretty deep in the water that pic. I actually made a rack out of acrylic and pvc cut to size in order to raise the height up. It was in the correct height after that.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: