jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I had a Leapord shark about 15 years ago in my 265. It was the only fish in there. When it was time to go I contacted the shark research center in Sandy Hook, NJ. They helped transport the shark and tagged it. They also knew the best time to release it into the Ocean knowing when other leapords were up this way in the Gulf Stream. The tag was on the shark for about 6 months and it did find its way back south just fine. And I agree those sharks should be around 7-9 feet right now.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Note to everyone who is 'reprimanding' him for keeping the sharks in the 'goldfish bowl'. Jarrett's first post in this thread explained that he is wrong for doing this.

JARRETT SHARK said:
I was a stupid young teenager

He said he was 10 years younger, and didn't know better. He tried to contact lots of resources all the way down to Florida with no success.

JARRETT SHARK said:
My brother and me tried all Aquaruims and LFS from Long Island to Florida to try to take them because they got to big and of course they said "NO"

I am not advocating keeping the sharks, especially in such a small tank. However he can't just release them. Not only isn't it ethical, but it is ILLEGAL.

JARRETT SHARK said:
Some people might disagree with my sharks or in any home tanks and I cant disagree one bit.

Jarrett is in a bind (with his brother) and it seems like they'd welcome any CONSTRUCTIVE help from anyone in a position to offer it. I bet they both know better than all of us that these sharks would be 7'-10' by now.

The sharks are beautiful and great job keeping them for as long as you have. Best of luck in your search to find them a suitable home.

Russ

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Hey Jarrett good luck on finding these guys a new home dude try the aquariums they might be intrested as a donation turtle back zoo by me takes in donations my uncle gave them a huge turtle before i believe they have sharks never know

Last edited:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I had a Leapord shark about 15 years ago in my 265. It was the only fish in there. When it was time to go I contacted the shark research center in Sandy Hook, NJ. They helped transport the shark and tagged it. They also knew the best time to release it into the Ocean knowing when other leapords were up this way in the Gulf Stream. The tag was on the shark for about 6 months and it did find its way back south just fine. And I agree those sharks should be around 7-9 feet right now.

Josh gave some constructive help right there:sgrin:

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The problem is they are nurse sharks, most aquauims already have 1-2 nurse sharks and dont like more since they mostly stay on the sand. so we are looking for someone who is opening a store or bussiness that wants them in there big display.
Thanks Russ for putting it that way in those words because i still get people who ask me how do i start a shark tank in a 90gal,LOL

solo

Got Vodka?
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The problem is they are nurse sharks, most aquauims already have 1-2 nurse sharks and dont like more since they mostly stay on the sand. so we are looking for someone who is opening a store or bussiness that wants them in there big display.
Thanks Russ for putting it that way in those words because i still get people who ask me how do i start a shark tank in a 90gal,LOL

Jarret have you tried the Maritime Aquarium up in Norwalk?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: