richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I recently redid my whole tank because I wanted a new layout and plus the tank was screaming for a clean because it was overrun by algae. So I took out all the rocks, and cleaned them all and rearranged them. I lost count of how many times I've stabbed myself trying to get a grip on the rocks. My hands right now have red dots all over, the places where I got stabbed :irked:.

Anyways after a whole day, here is what I came up with. My original tank was the rock were lined up like a horseshoe shape, the ends facing toward the viewer. in my opinion, that took up too much space and I want my fish to be swimming more so I did this.

Also my first ever sump :biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC03215.jpg
    DSC03215.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC03217.jpg
    DSC03217.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC03219.jpg
    DSC03219.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks! As I was making it, I spend alot of time taking on and off pieces because some pieces just weren't stable enough. The bases are mostly stable and the top pieces are just stacked on. I doubt they will fall.

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
At first, I actually didn't know there were different types of rock and didn't plan to have different types LOL! I just bought it mixed like this from a MR member. Its mixed tonga branch, fiji, and whatever else kind of rock there are.

Tonga branch is great stuff. At first I was like I don't want to use it in my tank but I used it to try to make "branches" It's amazing what tonga branches can turn out to look like.

The first "tower" all the way on the left uses as a big tonga branch stacked on some rocks. Let me try to describe this tonga branch right haha. Imagine an upside down hammock. And thats the shape of the this complex branch. Its actually a bunch of branches crossed and connected together. It makes a nice big cave for any future fish that likes to hide in caves

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Will you come and aquascape my tank for me?

Haha! you really like it? I was actually thinking about rearranging again. I'm not sure if I like the way the right side looks. imo the left stack looks great. It took me about half an hour just to make that! believe it or not! Alot of moving and shuffling and turning rocks. The right side I did in haste cause I was getting tired and I was working on the tank all day.

Thanks for the comments :splitspin

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
New setup. right side I'm not what its going to turn out like so far.

Adding an extended refugium.

Tonga branch section is not one big piece. It's about 7 pieces criss-crossed and stacked together. The plan is to cover up the entire thing with zoas. to make it look like a big colorful tree =D

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 67
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: