Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey guys this is the start of my 75 gallon tank thread. its going to be up and started soon. i am posting a picture that i drew on paint not the best thing in the world but it shows you guys how i want the tank, stand, and hood. once i start working i will def. take pictures of me doing alot of work lolz. there is also a professional style pool table down there as well. its black and got chrome trim. thats what im gonna do with the fish tank stand and hood. cant wait its really gonna look nice. tell me what you think of the drawing.

specs

- 70-80lbs of live rock

- Cutting board (white) for reflection underneath...

- 20lbs of live sand and 20lbs of reg. sand in sump

- 20 gallon sump with 3 baffels.
(left is the incoming water and right is the outgoing)

- flow
- 2 powerheads modded maxijet 1200's
- tunze 6060 (1500 - 1600gph) adding another one very soon.

- heater
- 300 watt titanium heater

- skimmer
- ASM G3 Skimmer (gate valve mod).

- return pump
- Mag Drive 9.5

- overflow
- custom angled internal overflow...

- lighting
- Metal halide 2 250watt 10000k XM bulbs.
- 40w actinic flour.

livestock

1 blue hippo tang 1.5"
1 yellow tang 1.5"
1 PBT Tang 3"
2 Osc. clownfish (comming soon)
6 Mexican turbo snails
3 red legged reef hermits

anyone have any other rec. for livestock let me no please. as in fish(maybe one more small guy something nice. i def. want to add more color to it. well alot more color. i want some purple, blue, greens, and yellows. this is going to be the center of attention in my basement when company is over. guys any recc. will be greatly appreciated as always. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mytank12.bmp
    411.5 KB · Views: 1,691
Last edited:
S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I think it looks good. I just hope you actually go through with making your stand, unlike me who kind of gave up. lol

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
:lol: How many tank threads are you going to start for this tank? :)

You've gone from actual tank pics, Thread #1, to drawings?! And let's not forget this thread.

But now to address some of your specs:

-I personally add more live rock (at least 100lbs).
-Lose the Cascade filter idea (completely!); there are better ways to increase flow.
-Avoid the HOB overflow unless you absolutely, positively cannot find a RR tank.
-Your lighting plans totally confused me. Why the need for the flourescent lights if you have 200w of PC?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hehehe sorry deanos well i completely took down the 75 gallon which was the previous thread u had posted above. i am doing the 75 gallon new. this is going to be the main thread that i use for the whole tank setup from start to finish. so no more threads just this one for the 75 gallon.

Steveo
- i will def. follow through with this mainly because my father is a skilled carpenter. so if i get bored which prob. wont happen he will take over the building project. lolz.

noodleman
- ya got it. thats exactly what im doing with those holes.

deanos
- i will scratch the canister filter
- lighting everyone says the more wattage the better. thats why i have the extra lights why not use em in the meantime. in all actuality i would have 280-320 watts of lighting. which i no its really not the wattage for corals but the intensity of the lights.
for now hopefully that would do.
- cant really do a rr tank wish i could. if there is someone that would swap out there 75 gallon rr tank for mine i would do it in a heartbeat but if not than im stuck with the overflow unfortunatly.

guys keep the rec. comming. greatly appreciated as always.
-

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
tony,

you can drill the back upper corners for the tank for drain and return. that'll be better than the overflow. one on each side. use 1"bulkhead for drain and 3/4" bulkhead for return. you can go bigger too.

lose the canister and add a seio or something for flow.

i got the ASM g3 for my 72bow. reefgeek.com has them with free shipping.

good luck

Cloud1921

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I see that you're interested in a sand shifting goby.
Not really sure which one you have in mind, but do let me mention that I had a terrible experience with a gold head sleeper goby.

These guy's will make a total mess of the sand bed. He's in a the sump for now, up for grabs if you want a crack at it :lol:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
thanks for the rec. nsr250nyc im def. thinking about the asm g3 but i was thinking since the CSS 220gallon is alot cheaper and without the mods i was wondering if it would do a good job. yea im gonna scratch the cannister filter i guess. i dont no i have to make a desicion soon. thanks again.

hehehe thanks cloud1921 i actually have one hes got a yellow face with 2 neon etching on the sides of his face. he really dont make a mess though. he sifts the sand and sifts again but no mess.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
here is the update on my 75 gallon this is what i plan to do with the overflow, sump and tank.

A- water from overflow (maybe i will add cheato here as well)
B- sump (asm g3 skimmer and heater)
C- Asm G3 Skimmer
D- return (pump which i dont no prob. something good for what i want to do)
E- Pump (going to have 3 returns to the tank. for more flow.)
F- overflow 600 gph (minimum)
G- Powerhead for flow
H- powerhead for flow.

guys for the pump i need it to be submersible. but i need to be strong enough to do 3 returns like pictured in the pic i drew. let me no what you think. i want to make it as simple as possible but have as much flow as i can...

thanks leave some recc.

Attachments

• plans1 75 gallon.bmp
    699 KB · Views: 350

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
your highest flow is going to be located on the G powerhead side of the tank - unless you ball valve out your flow between outlets from your return pump - since water will seek the path of less resistance, it will flow out that side. Now, you can reduce that by making the outlet on that side a little smaller and let the back pressure go out the other outlets - since you have 4 outlets, it will be difficult to get even flow out of all of them.

House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: