Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
*Main Equipment*
-20g Frag Tank plumbed to the 40b, + 20g cryptic sump around 80gallons total...
-Aquatinics TX5 with a 36" ReefBrite
-BubbleMagus Skimmer
-BubbleMagus Doser (Alk, Calcium, Mag)
-MP40 + MP10
-Neptune Apex Controller

Feed Original Rods food 3x a day, Water changes every other week!

Outdated Semi FTS... Yes, I do run my tank more on the blue side.. I personally enjoy the blue a ton more then the white look.... So please do not ask me for "daylight" pictures!
IMG_5192.jpg

I have to many corals to list so I will be updating this thread with pictures so keep your eyes on the thread! Here are some teasers!

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

DSC_0255-1.jpg

IMG_5079-1.jpg

Enjoy! Like I said I will be updating this thread often so check back!

Last edited:

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Hm nice and simple, I like it!

Sure is! A lot of people like the white look but its not for me! Tank is a lot more enjoyable with the blue and I still get ridiculous growth, mind you I use to run 2 GE 6500k bulbs (can you say WHITE!!) in that fixture so I am well aware of the "daylight" scenerio!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sure is! A lot of people like the white look but its not for me! Tank is a lot more enjoyable with the blue and I still get ridiculous growth, mind you I use to run 2 GE 6500k bulbs (can you say WHITE!!) in that fixture so I am well aware of the "daylight" scenerio!!

I have 10k reeflux's and super actinic VHO's running on my reef and I cant stand the crazy white anymore! I really got into LPS over the past few weeks, so when I get some money I think I am going to set up a simple tank probably a 40b in my room with a canopy with a retrofit of 4 ATI blue + bulbs and individual reflectors and something like a HOB octopus skimmer and maybe go with black sand to really show off the colors of the LPS.

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I have 10k reeflux's and super actinic VHO's running on my reef and I cant stand the crazy white anymore! I really got into LPS over the past few weeks, so when I get some money I think I am going to set up a simple tank probably a 40b in my room with a canopy with a retrofit of 4 ATI blue + bulbs and individual reflectors and something like a HOB octopus skimmer and maybe go with black sand to really show off the colors of the LPS.

Sounds good!!! I would just becareful with the black sand, I believe I have heard it washes out after awhile, please correct me if I am wrong....

With an LPS tank the blue side is your best bet to get the most extreme colors out of your LPS no doubt!!!!!

Night time for me! Will update more tomorrow!!! gnite reefers!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sounds good!!! I would just becareful with the black sand, I believe I have heard it washes out after awhile, please correct me if I am wrong....

With an LPS tank the blue side is your best bet to get the most extreme colors out of your LPS no doubt!!!!!

Hmm I will definitely research the black sand, thanks for telling me! I call dibs on your frags :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: