Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Updated pics in Post #2.

Quick observations with this fixture. My first LED fixture used a big and heavy heatsink from HeatSinkUSA, while it did a great job of cooling; it was big and hideous. Fixture #2 and #3 was experiments with aluminum tubing and big fans for cooling. Worked out well, all 3 fixtures still being used today. But I didn't have much data on #2 and #3, I just knew they were cool to the touch. So with this new one, for kicks 'n giggles I bought a cheap ($15) infrared thermometer. Just a quick test, with all (4) 120mm fans off, all 65 LEDs @ 3w, the tubing and LEDs reached temperatures of 150-175 degrees within 15 minutes at a cold start. I turned it off and waited 30 minutes for it to completely cool, and turned it back on, this time with the fans all on. At 100% intensity, I checked the temperature, and reading are between 80-95 degrees; aluminum tubing is just slightly warm. All (4) 120mm fans are positioned to draw heat out of the fixture. I didn't want to blow the heat back down and onto the surface of the tank.

PetShopBoy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
it's about time...lol beautiful tank man! nice gears you got there love that skimmer. your dad r amazing I seen many cool DIY stuff from him.

btw(light tree pics) is that a metal strap holding the board?

Steve's dad is the real life Macgyver. He got my car working with a roll of duct tape once. lol

Great looking tank!

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
wow,black sand.and nice build on LED's!now i know who to build my led's!:biggrin:
keep it up,bro.

Thanks M'ak! Whenever you're ready... :tongue1:

Very nice...Great looking tank...

Very nice set up.I like the diy light hood..

Thanks Tito! Nanchil! CDANN!

Steve's dad is the real life Macgyver. He got my car working with a roll of duct tape once. lol

Great looking tank!

Let's not forget when he wired your radio to the headlights... :wow:

Yikes, hope my old acura isn't the backyard still in queens!

Steve, looking nice...black sand is sooo 80's looking :tongue1:

Yo Tony! Want the Acura back? It's truly a Legend now... :lol2:

The black sand matches well with my 80s white leather sofa! :pimp:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: