adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The other day I caught a show on smithsonian channel about ningaloo reef off the coaast of australia. It was an AMAZING mix of sps that inspired me to make the jump to a stony dominant tank.

As of 8/8/10
Purple Mili
Bali Slimer
Tabletop acro
Bushy acro
Pectina
pink and green Poccilapora
Orange and Green monti cap
Pink Birdsnest
sps4.jpg

sps1.jpg

calcium 460
ph 8.2
dkh 10
nitrates 0
phosphates <10
Magnesium 1160 (low) Im guessing this is why i had a sudden decrease in coraline algae growth.

Ill add more pictures when I get my camera back, I hate the way phone pics look.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks albano, hope that blonde naso is doing good!

Yeah I lucked out with those colonies. Someone must have broke down their tank or needed to make space and brought that stuff in to fishtopia, cus they def. didnt come from a wholesaler. The guys where cool and let me trade in my lps. The switch only cost me $150 including some other monthly supplies. Matt graciously provided the pink poccilapora and the green slimer (he finally broke down and sold it to me). If you have a chance swing by allstar tuesday afternoon, Al said hes getting in some nice sps.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
went out and bought some magnesium today, Im hoping that will jump start my coraline growth.

Anyone know if strontium and moblyenium are depleted as rapidly as the mag.? Im not aware of tests for these elements and I thought that if my calcium was at the correct level these other trace elements would be as well (since they are contained in b ionic). Just wondering if i should start dosing these seperately too?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: