aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello Everybody,

I started a Fluval Edge Tank in my office last year. It has been a journey... From the big power outage... to basically just being too busy at work.

I basically admit that I neglected the tank. I bought LED bulbs and they burnt out so I basically didn't really care about wiping off salt creep and all that. I just topped off the tank and let it sit there.

I wanted it to be a FOWLR but then I changed my mind. I had some initial challenges. I had to get rid of all the Mojano Anemones which I successfully killed off last month. Now I just have to rip out the Hair Algae and do 1 more water change and I should be good to go!

Anyway I never made a thread so here's my build!

Hardware:
Fluval Edge Tank
Stock Filter- I modified it a bit though. BioMax, Aquaclear Carbon, and Filter Floss
Ecoxotic Panorama Module
Hydor Koralia Nano- Coming Soon
Tom's Deco Aquarium Heater

Livestock:
Nassarius Snail Vibex
2 Small False Percula Clowns
8 lbs. of Live Rock
5 lbs. of Live Sand

Chaetomorpha Algae

Planned Livestock:
Xenia Frag from my Tank at Home
Red Mushroom from my Tank at Home
Red MacroAlgae from Diamonds of the Reef
Hermit Crab
...then... we'll see

I literally put the Ecoxotic Panorama module on today and am figuring out a way to retrofit a DIY LED I have but I think it looks pretty clean as is.

My water change regimen will be 1 Poland Spring Bottle a week-- I'll keep up with it as much as I can.

Here are the Pics!

After 1 month of having the tank:
photo32.jpg

During the power outage: Making sure my clowns made it for 3 days no power.
photo-19.jpg

Now:
photo31.jpg

Yes... yes I gotta clean the sand lol

More Pics to come as I progress :splitspin

Last edited:

picod

Reefer Chick
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey fellow Edger!

Glad to see you've made a tank thread and that the Clowns made it safely through the power outage.
IMO, I thought the Koralia Nano worked just fine in this tank, and I had no complaints about it.
Can't wait to see more updates.
Good luck!
danielle

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Looks nice. I was seriously considering an Edge in my office as well but got scared and went main stream. Good luck with it.

Why did you get scared? haha

I am going to do one more water change and pull all my hair Algae out and bring in the Maxi Jet 400. I feel like a Koralia Nano would be a Tsunami for these clowns lol.

Updates to come...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: