bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
well a couple of months back i joined this site and at the time my brother and i had an awesome 240 gallon custom made all starphire glass tank...we had pics posted as my ton of ocean....anyway ...i saw that domboski was selling the 450 gallon tank and stand on this site...so i went ahead and talked it over with my brother and we ended up getting it ....so we set up a 150 gallon cube tank for all the live stock and broke the 240 down ...like any impulse break down i lost a lot of money in corals and a couple of fish i had for a very long time....anyway i got over it...i was so happy that i was upgrading to a much larger system so all my other fish would be happy....to make a long story short...the tank is still not set up and is not going to be set up.....i live in a 2 family home in elmwood park....i am 30 years old have a wife and kid and my father lives on the first floor and has the basement apt which my brother rents out and that is were the tank is .....for some reason my father thinks he ownes this house that we all rent and because the tank is on his electric he dont want it plugged in no more....we offered him 200 plus dollars more on top of the 700 my brother pays already and he is just an a hole in plan english...so anyway my brother and i are looking for a house to rent together and looking for a place big enough to house our tank....that how much we enjoy the hobby....pack up and move just for a aquarium....hope everyone enjoyed my rambling on but i had let it out cause it just makes me so mad ....thank you ....look in the months to come for the 450 gallon a hole father build....lol...later brian

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
im right there with ya man....if i do a major upgrade before i finish school (in my last year of undergrad), ill deff get put to the curb, or my father will threaten the lives of my fish, he has already.....spanish fathers...smh lol

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Brian

Your 240 was awesome. Sorry your Dad doesn't approve even though you offered to pay for the extra electricity. How about just staying with something smaller. He didn't mind before.....

Tanks + family = sometimes pain....

Hope it works out.

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Tell your father that you and your brother are both going to move out and he'll have to pay for the rent all by himself or find new tenants which I am sure are not going to be as good as having his own sons and family around. If that doesn't work, then stick with what you have. Moving a 500g tank in the future is not going to be easy.

reefnhard

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i want a huge tank and told my wife im taking the kids the dog and the fish if she dont like it and she can live how ever she wants.....the fish are my family to...thank god it hasnt come down to that shes jus worried bout goin thr the floor one day so we are looin for a first floor place to

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: