bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
thane.....i am removing all the rocks and all the fish today....dom is going to treat them for me ...yes there are some corals from my other tank in there but nothing new just what i had ....that was one of my other prob's....i used rally and kick ich and they both did nothing....so its off to doms and its copper time...

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
that was nice of dom to help out......that's why mr is the best.....there are always people willing to help out.
kudo to dom.....you da man!!!

sorry for your lost brian. don't give up.......fresh start is just around the corner.

lmk if i can be of help.

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
so far so good ....time will tell but fish seem to be pulling threw...and i now have a qt tank set up ....should have done this a long time ago....bin cheaning the 450 top and bottom and letting it run without fish for a while....def no rush this time....

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
so far so good ....time will tell but fish seem to be pulling threw...and i now have a qt tank set up ....should have done this a long time ago....bin cheaning the 450 top and bottom and letting it run without fish for a while....def no rush this time....

Nice.......Im glad its working out for you. Dom is a great guy. Im glad you set up a Qt. It isnt worth risking it. It is not a matter of if you will get an infected fish it is just a matter of when. And murphys law will rear its ugly head,

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
tank update....well last night i finally got the 2 christmas wrasses out of the tank ...i had to remove every piece of rock that was on the bottom of the tank cause they were hidding in my 4inch sand bed...so i had to hang in the tank and dig threw all the sand till they finally came out....thank god they didnt have any visible signs of the marine velvet so they are now in my qt tank getting treated....i reaquascaped the tank last night and now have to let the tank run with no fish for a while....i added rally to hopfully help kill the velvet and have the uv going ....will try to post pics of the tank as it is now ....

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
lol....as if the tank getting marine velvet wasn't enough....just got woke up by my brother so he can tell me that the main pump for some reason made a loud noise and turned off....lol...lol...what else is going to happen...today is buy a new pump day...lol.lol what ever.....

InfernoST

"H" Division
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
lol....as if the tank getting marine velvet wasn't enough....just got woke up by my brother so he can tell me that the main pump for some reason made a loud noise and turned off....lol...lol...what else is going to happen...today is buy a new pump day...lol.lol what ever.....

That sucks. Feb must be pump month, I lost my ATO pump 1 1/2 weeks ago and my return 1 week ago. I managed to get a new ATO the same day but am waiting for new return to show up (running on a backup pump now). Good luck finding a replacement quickly.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0

Dont let it discourage you buddy..... Murphys law happens a lot in this hobby.

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best wishes

Congrats. Been following your thread and learning a lot as you proceed. Am considering an upgrade from my 90 gallon to a 180 so am listening to all the advice your getting. Hope all goes well. Love seeing the pics of your equipment set up.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
good luck with this try around hopefully u will have better luck this time and have more patience that is key in this hobby let the tank cycle check your parameters and keep us posted

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
update....well i removed all of my filter socks cause i found them quite annoying ...turnes out that i dont even need them....i have my sponges and my monster skimmer that removes everything it sucks up....anyway....thing are looking up....dom is teaching me patience..lol......so now instead of trying to do a reef and all of these different kinds of fish ..i sold off all of my corals and i am doing a fish only system with live rock.....i am ordering a new 120 watt uv and removing all my mh lights and replaceing them with vho's....the 4 chromis i put in a while ago are fine so i added 3 yellow tangs ...they bin in there for a while now so things are great no problems .....soon i will be sitting down with dom to se what kind of stocking list is good for this tank....once again ...thank you all for helping me threw this with your kind words ....i did what everyone told me and took 2 steps back and realized i had to slow down.....so really thank you all......im looking forward to the months to come .....hopfully i can learn myself how to post pics so i can show everyone my progress....

tlpmyd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
glad you got the UV, dont worry about the coral, you have to get the tank established for a while anyway before adding any, thank GOD for people like Dom in this hobby. i gotta pass by and check it out again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: