neptune

Rating - 94.2%
65   4   0
wow!!! that tank is off the meat rack...great job bro....i think vhos would be great as they have many different color choices to blend...and just check out garf grunge website and thier tanks ..the colors are amazing....that tank is awsome ...wow

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading

Your decision and advice you have gotten seems to confirm my upgrade decision to cycle the new tank for a while before moving any of the creatures. I have a lot of work to do before I can even start the cycling process so guess I will be looking at the empty tank for a while. Patience is such a difficult thing when you also have excitement about the new opportunities. Best of luck with the fish only.

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
yes it was hard for me to wait and im sorry i didnt ....because i was in such a hurry i lost lots of corals and all my fish that i had for years.....im still not happy with some of my equipment choices so i am working on bettering my system rather than try to stock it with fish right now....slow is the way to go....i know now it will be worth the wait....

allenjj

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading Equipment

As your considering new equipment upgrades, if you dont mind sharing your thought process and considerations as you proceed, it will also help folks like me look to make good choices as we upgrade as well. Best of luck.
John

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! Read every page lol lots of ups and downs...but u guys r doing great...just getting into saltwater and want to do fowlr...not sure if i'm ready for coral! Lots of great info...u guys should be pros with the camera by now tho!! Get some pics of the equipment and rocks up here lol!! Great job guys! Im starting up a 40 long now so im searching for good rock and sand....good luck fellas!

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
thank you everyone...please check out somemore of the tank threads ,,there are some heavy hitters on this site and alot nicer tank setups.....it is amazing how much money you can spend and it only gets more addictive as the years go by....good luck and take it slow .....enjo the hobby ...the wait is worth it....

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
well we installed the new lighting and i got some getting used to but its not bad ....there not mh's but it will do....i think im going to add another ballist so it will bring it up to 1100 watts of vho....right now its 880watts ...other than that i am starting to put some leathers and other easy stuff just to add some color and soon some more fish....will post pics soon...bin very busy thats why no pic's in a while....busy at work...when it rans it pours....cant complain....

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
tank update.....new lighting is great ....just recieved my mtc 3gallon media reactor today....will be installing it on the tank with all carbon in it ....since the tank crash i am focusing on water quality...im almost done with the new 50 gallon qt setup upstairs so from now on qting all fish for 2 weeks or more .....so far the tank is stable readings are great and the rocks are showing sign's of color....very happy with the way thing are looking .....once again sorry no pics ....very buisy at work....i want to make it interesting for everyone again so i might start a new thread soon with new pics as i started over about 2 months ago...thank you...brian

bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
i have to say the tank is looking great....i will be starting a new thread soon as i have time.....my rbta's have split so many times i have 9 now...so i went out and bought 10 clowns to start hosting those baby's...as for everything else ....no probs and all is good ...the vho lighting is working out great...and looking forward to adding new things.....bin doing things slowly and is working out great...will start new thread and post new pics as soon as im not buisy......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: