Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Not sure how it got so high but my tank got to 90 degrees today it was 77 degrees in my co op I run mh but it's never gotten that high on me I wonder if one of the power heads I'm using is giving off too much heat
So I turned the ac on turned the lights off
Should I leave the lights off tommorrow ? I think I'm gonna change my lighting to turn on when I get home from work so I can keep an eye on it
I run the mh for 6 hrs a day should I cut it to 4

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So just felt all power heads on was definitely giving off more heat then others I removed it that must have been it I will keep an eye on it I need a vortec mp 40 so I can get rid of the 3 power heads I'm using now

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I never go above 82 that's what made me think something was wrong I hope that power head that was giving off heat was the issue but I will get a fan tommorrow should I put it in the sump or blow the surface below the light or both

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
Yea I'd definetly go wit mp I jus did and my temp is at a steady 77 runnin t5 took out my korilas but today was crazy weather to begin wit hell felt like early august lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: