rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
My name is Richie, some of you might now me, some might not, I started reefing in January of 2010 with a 175 gallon bow tank. I looked at an empty tank with rocks in it for 2 months, and after countless days and nights adding fish, coral, equipment, and sweat I achived my goal of having a reef. But their was something missing, I wanted more, I read all the threads of our members here that had larger tanks, this was my dream to one day have a very large tank, with lots of fish and lots of coral, and to bring the piece of the ocean into my house. This happened last week when i got a text from (THEDLO) when I was over (DEL)'s house saying that their was a 450 for sale for a dollar. I made some calls as I was not in front of a computer. (bigdog1428) was the man I called as he lived right nearby. After going back and forth for over an hour the deal was done.
I was the owner of a 450 gallon tank from (qy400). I would like to thank everyone that was involved in this transaction. Now the fun begins, November 26th 2010, the tank is being picked up in LI, with the help of (Valentino), (bigdog1428), and friends that are not a part of MR. The truck will bring this dream of mine to Brooklyn where it will get torn down, and trucked back to my house, (couldn't move the tank the way it was down the strairs) The tank will be assembled on site in my basement. Thank you MR for having a site that is located here in NY, for making MY DREAM COME TRUE.
I will have pics up after the move from LI

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
That a boy rich way to catch a deal and a hell of a tank can't wait to c this monster up and runnin I can't believe paulie didn't tell me about it good luck pal lookin forward to this tank gettin life

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Ok gang here are the picks as promised, Sorry for the pics being a little out of focus, they were all taken from friends phones.
-1.jpg

-2.jpg

-3.jpg

-11.jpg

-5.jpg

-6.jpg

-7.jpg

-8.jpg

-11.jpg

-13.jpg

Last but not least the final transaction $1.00 to qy400
I would like to thank all that came today and helped out.
Now we wait for my tank builder to take this dream apart, and deliver to my house, where the tank will be reassembled.
Pics to follow

Last edited:

PIOTR

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awesome richie. That wil be largest coral reef on Staten Island. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I see it when it is in your place? Good Luck Richie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: