James983 180 build

James983

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
My tank build started with clearing space in the boiler room to house my aux. sump/fuge. The tanks stand is all acrylic 72"x30" sump which is divided into six sections. Due to access of the sump being limited I decided to go with a second sump/fuge as shown.

Electric was added to boiler room for obvious reasons. 2 double gang gfci with individual 20 amp breakers.

A manifold was added to the plumbing to feed my MRC dual stage CR and a carbon reactor. A seperate BRS reactor was added for GFO.

Attachments

James983

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks guys. Jerl, the base rock is Marco Rock, the top is BRS Pukani. I really think you cant get better than the Pukani for the $$$. It was on special for $2.50 lb around Thanksgiving.

James983

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for the complements guys. More pics to come.

Here is a list of my equipment so far:

Reeflo Blackfin return pump
72" Aquactinics T5 Costellation, holds 14 39 watt bulbs
Vertex 180 Skimmer
MRC Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor, Aquarium Plants Regulator
Vortech MP40, soon adding a second
ReefKeeper 2 controller. I know its old, but it works until I save some $ for new one.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
great setup and landscape! have you think about building a bridge of rocks between the left/right structures. that would allow more real estate for light loving sps.

James983

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks Reefman. I actually have some lacerock I was going to use for bridges, but this is starting to grow on me. I'll have to see. I hate messing with things once they're set and growing.

Eric, I know but for some reason I have difficulty posting on RC.

Featured Sponsors