JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Well some of you know that I have my 220gal SPS tank at my office but dont know that I have a 450gal at my house. Its been running for about 12 years now and hosted sharks,groupers,eels,tangs and puffers. About 3 months ago I lost my best looking 5' Testellata eel I had for 12 years and my 2' puffer :irked:
So all I had was a 3' grouper and a huge 14''sohal tang. So i gave my grouper to Petswerehouse to put in there 1000gal tank and sold my sohal tang to a sushi Restraunt that went in a 24' reef tank. So my mind went in many derections weather to keep or sell the 450gal tank. So my son made me keep the tank because he loves to stare at it all day long and I just love this hobby to much. So i decised to go REEF...........
So instead of breaking down the tank i decided to start doing 100gal water changes every 3 days to reduce my PO4 from 2.5 to zero and start using RODI water. I never used Rodi water so i had my hands full. I had to clean the sump with a shop vac because the build up was insane. I been having a bumpy road due to getting flukes and losing a bunch of fish.

So here is the tank specs:
Tank 450gal with canopy
sump 250 gal with (6) 7'' filter socks
Skimmer Precision Marine XL
8 bulb VHO's for lighting (copied MGNY)
1/2 Hp Dolphin pump
2- vortech mp40
350lbs of rock
2 chamber reactor (bio pellets and carbon)

There will be more pics to follow but i will start off with one before the sohal tang was gone. I am still trying to aquascape my new rocks so once thats done i will post more pics

Ps this will not be a sps tank but mostly LPS,clams,all softy

Fish list
(2)yellow tangs
hawkfish
(7)chromis
coperband
pair of angels
mystery wrasse
yellow goby
yellow shrimp goby

Attachments

• 1282345640054.jpg
    1282345640054.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,993
D

DA fisherman

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Nice .........I'm sure this will be fun to see build and when it's done :)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Aha, so that's where that grouper at PW came from.lol

I wish you all the best with this future build Jarrett! I can't wait to see what you do with it. Going by your stated plans, and your beautiful office tank I am sure your son is going to be super happy.:)

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
hey that's an awesome size tank excited to follow this thread great decision on going reef if it were me I would have done same waiting till I get my own house than the upgrade might take place gl with your new adventure

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: