jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
yessongs said:
Shaun, The tank looks great! How do you like the Reefflux bulbs?

Ditto!

I'm curious about the reeflux too. I saw the 250 SE on Stings tank and they looked very yellow. I also saw the 400w SE on Reef Exotics tank and they were a nice blue/white. Your bulbs also look blue/white....

ulmo

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Shaun,

The tank looks awesome! I really like the xenia placement on the right side of the tank. The cespitularia looks like it grew quite a bit since the last time I saw it. Congrats! :) Keep the pictures coming.

Peter

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
The reefflux bulbs look blue/white, there is no tint of yellow in them. I like them, definately the SPS colors are starting to "pop" from them. From my eyes point of view I like the color they produce, just a tint of blue but mostly white. My blueline ballast burns them the best, much better than the pfo ballast.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Peter,
Did you notice how much the turquoise xenia has grown from when you saw it last, :D . It is also turning more baby blue by the day.

I figure xenia, zoos and acans can replace my sandbed. I don't even notice that I am BB anymore, in fact I really am happy that I made the change.

ulmo

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Shaun,

Yes, I noticed that as well. I just can't believe that it started as a single, small polyp! You definitely have the right parameters for xenia. :)

I don't know if I'll ever go BB, but after looking at your pictures, I'm having second thoughts about it. :) A carpet of turquoise xenia and zoos, that's an impressive sight. By the way, do the turquoise xenia pulse?

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Took some new pic tonight.

With just the 20K MH center, this is how my tank goes to bed every night.

Attachments

• blue full shot.jpg
    blue full shot.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 254
  • h 014.jpg
    h 014.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 254
  • h 031.jpg
    h 031.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 253
  • lokani.jpg
    lokani.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 251

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
more

Attachments

• Bonsai.jpg
    Bonsai.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 253
  • SPS blue.jpg
    SPS blue.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Blue zoos.jpg
    Blue zoos.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 249
  • zoos1.jpg
    zoos1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 249

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: