ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
spykes said:
damn shaun everything looks so good!, show me the simplex too =D
Dave the simplex is looking awesome, it is a bright pink! but it is really hard to get a good pic of it. It is also in the back of the tank.

THANKS all for the nice words, I am going to take a few more shots tonight. I am really happy with my tank right now, it is looking really nice and my growth and color are exploding.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Shaun is also pest free, an important quality to have in a reef tank.

He's one of the few I will trade with these days without fear of catching something nasty.

I got to see the tank saturday night, the barebottom has filled in to the point where not having sand is irelevant. NICE! :D

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Last night with the lights on!

Last night.

Attachments

• Tank March2006.jpg
    Tank March2006.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Tank and sump.jpg
    Tank and sump.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 184

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
My sump!! Which really isn't a sump! :thrash:

Attachments

• Sump.jpg
    Sump.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 180
  • derasa.jpg
    derasa.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Red macroalgae.jpg
    Red macroalgae.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 181

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
hermangareis said:
Man. That is one sweet setup. Dude you can feed an army with that clam!!:eat:How big is it now?
Well that is a 30gallon tank that it is in, so I would say 1.5 feet by 1 foot wide approximately. It was 2 inches when I first got it.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
jackson6745 said:
Shaun, your tank is an inspiration for me. You built it up beautifully after the mag drive incident.
Yeah Rich, I actually thought of throwing in the towel!! I was certainly down, but not out, I just love the hobby way too much, and with MR to keep me company it wasn't hard to come back! THIS PLACE ROCKS!!

Also the fragswap last time was an awesome way to restock my losses.

Last edited:

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
What is amazing is once you get the system up and running smoothly again, it is remarkable how quickly the corals respond and grow. My tank bounced back in about 6 months.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: