jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have been on this site for a year now and i never started a thread for my tank. Would like to start one so i can update pics as well as keep a log of my progress/changes to my tank.
This tank was started in April '10. I had a 10 gal hex tank before this which i had running for 5 years. Used old water and some sand to seed this tank. I have to say that my tank has been running very smoothly. I have noticed a lot of growth. I have not been putting my hand in my tank in over 2 months. I really think that makes a big difference.

My parameters as of today:
Temp 79.2
PH 8.2
Calcium 430
Alk 9
Phos .01-.02
Mag 1290

Lighting: 89 watts LED. 10 hours daylight, 12 hours actinic, 12 hour night light 1 watt actinic.

Filtration: Filter pad changed every other day, Chemipure elite changed out montly, Chaeto trimmed every other week(running lighting at night 12 hours).

Water movement: MP10 and the dual factory pumps are on a wave maker 4 min cycle

Feeding: Feed daily one day pellets next day mysis.. Once a week I feed tank a home made mush(pellets/squid/rods/mysis/garlic/oysterfeast/cyclopeeze)

Water changes: weekly five gallons(esv salt) Also use a cap full of Special blend weekly. Drop in day after water change.

Dosing: I am currently dosing 10 ml of 2 part(esv) nightly using BRS dosing pumps. Pumps dose 1.25 ml/per minute

Live stock-
Fish: Tomato Clown, Yellow watchman goby, Purple firefish
Inverts: Cleaner shrimp, Pistol shrimp, Fighting Conch, 3 Red leg hermits, 1 Blue leg hermits, 2 Astraea snails (hundred of babies),2 cerith snails, 1 Margarita Snail, 4 Nassarius snails.
Corals: 4 clams(2 maximas, 1 corcea, 1 derasa), 1 scoly, variety of zoas, frogspawn, finger leather, blastos, GSP, 2 kinds of Candy canes, Meteor shower, Orange and green rics, green button polyps, acans, bird of paradise, purple nana, orange cap, orange digi, yellow slimmer, hawkins blue sps, and some unknown sps (forgot the name of it-picked it up from Dr. Harry).

Here recent pics(i posted 1 or 2 in other threads):

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,586
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,582
  • photo7777777.jpg
    photo7777777.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,581
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,580
Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Thanks guys!
jerl77- you can not dim leds. these are factory leds. it would be cool if i could.
sil3ncio- this tank is great.. the leds make a big difference! no heat issues like the MH model.
OPG- Thanks bro.. i appreciate ur help. i am not a member of RC. Will join---lol--just realized i am a member of RC

Last edited:

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
noticed last week that my cap wasnt looking too bright..checked my phos--it was.06! did two water changes and brought it down to .1.. cap startin to color back up and showing polyp extension again.. i notice that my cap and my crocea clam are the first to show me something is off with my tank.. this week tank is running smoothly again.. i realized that i was feeding too heavy.. cut bac a lil

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
updated pic of tank- 2/24/11
i got rid of the big leather. thank God it was easy to remove..i covered the spot where the leather was with putty and threw some zoas over it.. i also got a nice big clam from DrMac which i love.. had to rearrange a few corals to accomidate the big guy.
This week i took a hour out and actually rewired all my wires.. it was a mess underneath my stand. i hung up the PC4's and it cleared up so much space..those messy wires were looking horrible!
I just installed The JBJ ATO today so that should make my life easier :)
i also stared running BRS GFO. i put 4 tbs in a media bag and placed it in my back chamber.. Phos is .01-.02

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 483

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
4/9..Updated pics
Everything is running smoothly.. Had my candy cane not looking too good. have had it for over 4 years.. not sure why.. i fed it some this week and it looks like its doing better. Picked up a 5th clam this week. its a neon orange maxima--looks awesome but cant catch colors with iphone camera

Attachments

• photo8889.jpg
    photo8889.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 423
  • photo11236.jpg
    photo11236.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 419

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: