trivan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think I'm finally done with the hardware side of this 45 gallon tank build. I hooked up the ATO and testing it out. I know a lot of people swear by the Tunze, but I still don't trust ATO's. ;) Although this one seems pretty good so far.
P1000754.jpg

On monday, there was a good sale on Peppermint Shrimps at Manhattan Aquariums so with the parameters in good on Sunday night, I gave it a shot. I bought 4 of them. When I got home we had a black out for 3 hours. The tank got down to 77 maybe 76. The next day, 1 didn't make it. The rest are doing fine.
DSC_4706.jpg

I also put a piece of old hard coral from my nano and look what popped up. I haven't seen zoa's in my nano for over a year.
P1000757.jpg

I'm waiting for the CUC in the mail from reefcleaners. I really hope they make it in this weather.

I debating if I should get a watchman goby or a purple firefish first for the tank. Also what is the recommended time to wait after the CUC goes into the tank to add a fish?

trivan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I added a firefish last week and it is just getting use to the new home. He hides most of the day, but does come out to eat. I haven't been able to get a good picture of him.

I'll be looking for a goby next, will probably add him after next week.

I also added a Acan:
DSC_4720.jpg

The Acan has been doing great. Things are progressing very well with it. Its maintained its color and its sweepers are coming out after the light go out. It's pretty amazing to see it eat.

Here are the final pictures of the plumbing, ignore the yellow crap on the bottom of the sump, it was the GFO dust which i didn't rinse off good enough the first time I set up the reactor, I've since took a shop vac to it and it's all nice and clean:
P1000778.jpg

P1000781Comments.jpg

It seems like it's going to take forever for the tank not to look so empty with just putting frags in. In search of the next types of coral to add....

trivan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i really like the rock work. are there extra shells in the sand or are those all live snails?

The black ones are all live. I order a quick crew from reefcleaners and the pack i order said it would come with 30 of them. I think I got 60 :) I think they put in a lot extra b/c it was sent out during the last snow storm. I think I only had 5 DOA. The large shells are extras for the hermits.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Trivan, did you order doors yet? I ordered my doors from online and got a great deal. let me know if you want the site. BTW Welcome to MR, looks like a great start on the tank.

trivan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Trivan, did you order doors yet? I ordered my doors from online and got a great deal. let me know if you want the site. BTW Welcome to MR, looks like a great start on the tank.

Yeah I just did 2 days ago. I'm not sure if I got a "great" deal, but it was from a place I used in the past and the quality was very good. Maplecraft USA.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Want to buy some snails? Yeah, like I said I ordered the pack with 30, I think I got about 60. I think reefcleaners put extra in my shipment b/c it was during the snow storm. They all survived!!

BUT- I don't have any algae yet.... now I'm doomed.

haha i actually ordered a 55gallon quick crew, lets see what happens... i might put my extra up for sale haha or just throw them in my 12 gallon

trivan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Corals look good. I can tell by the 4th pic someone has been to RedSand lately.
Ares you completely stratified with their stuff ?

Yes, I have been very happy with the service and the size of the frags for the money. With Feng the more you buy, the cheaper every frag gets. He doesn't BS and just tells you his options about reef keeping. His display tank is amazing.

Recent Pictures:
P1000833-1.jpg

P1000834-1.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: