jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
kindaninja,

First off, I am happy to see you benefited from this very generous offer. Talk about a Christmas gift. You did a phenomenal job cleaning the tank! Reefcleaners.org has a special- 50 pounds of Florida reef rock for only 90 dollars with free shipping (I just received mine and it looks excellent). What are your goals for the tank?

Best,

Justin

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If you order the rock from reefcleaners, John will ask you what size rocks you want. Make sure you specify nothing too large. I didn't specify exactly how large I wanted the rocks, and some are a bit too big for my 55 gallon. Sounds like you are on the right path my friend!

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
If you order the rock from reefcleaners, John will ask you what size rocks you want. Make sure you specify nothing too large. I didn't specify exactly how large I wanted the rocks, and some are a bit too big for my 55 gallon. Sounds like you are on the right path my friend!

thanks yea thats exactly where i was going to get my rocks from, how are the rocks? very porous? light weight? etc details!

looks to make this as good as my 12gallon nano

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
So today i shellacked the wood, just letting everything dry now and tomorrow should be ready to hook everything back together!!!
Day 3
P1010202.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1010204.jpg

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Make sure you level the tank properly. Check the level when it is empty and then fill with 10 gallons or so and check again. I get paranoid when setting up a new tank and check every 2-3 "s of new water added lol. We defintely need a 65 club.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Make sure you level the tank properly. Check the level when it is empty and then fill with 10 gallons or so and check again. I get paranoid when setting up a new tank and check every 2-3 "s of new water added lol. We defintely need a 65 club.

lol thanks for the advice! will definitely check it out in the morning

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
alright so im trying to put everything back together and have run into some problems, if anyone could give me their input on the situation i'd greatly appreciate it!
DAY 4
P1010208.jpg

Alright so lets start off with this loc-line:
- Is the placement of the loc-line correct? (like how the order is, pvc, nut, divider, locline head)

P1010205.jpg

- Next, the pvc that is connected to the loc-line isn't really flush against the bottom glass, should it be?

P1010206.jpg

Last edited:

trivan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Kid,

The locline looks fine, the PVC on the bottom goes into the bulk head, as long as the bulkhead washer and the bulkhead itself is flush it should be ok. I couldnt really tell fromm the pictures Remember don't over tighten the bulkhead, or it will crack or crack the glass. If your unsure, just test with a little water to see if it leaks. LoL

jcolon2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I tried uploading the pictures of the rock like you asked but for some reason I am unable to. They are porous (not as porous as I had hoped though). They are most certainly not light, in fact they are fairly heavy. They are nicely shaped though.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
stuck on choosing either Dry Arogonite Special Grade Reef Sand or Dry Fiji Pink Reef Sand

whats your opinions!

EDIT LOLZZZZ constantne caught my typo haha

GOING WITH MARCO SAND AND ROCKS!

Last edited:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Placed my order with Marc from marcorocks, awesome guy! Ordered some glass lids for the tank, starting to clean some old rocks and making the water! rocks and sand should be in on friday. Have one slight issue is that the MH light that my cousin gave me doesnt exactly fit into the hood =( ganna have to do some modifications to the hood to get this light set up! unless i buy some LEDs.... $$$$$$$$$$$$

Awesome rocks my cousin gave me
P1010209.jpg

Making some RO water
P1010211.jpg

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What are you planning on with that light? Those bulbs are gonna be centered right over the middle brace, You don't want them that close to it, They will start to melt the thing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: