kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
Alright lets get this started!!! So here is some background information. So a generous forum member gave up a full RR 65 gallon tank. Originally i was not the first to contact the member so i thought my hopes on upgrading to a bigger tank was shot down. The following morning, i get a message saying that i was next in line and the original person that wanted the tank backed out. I was going crazy because I could not believe this was happening! So if some of you have met me, im just a college student making my way around lol. I didn't know how my parents were going to react to me getting this huge tank but thanks to my marketing skills i was able to persuade them into letting me have the tank haha.

SO ANYWAYS here are the pics of the tank for the 5 days that i have had it. I am so sore right now from cleaning this tank to death all day x_x

DAY 1:

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5577.jpg

DAY 2:

P1010198.jpg

P1010199.jpg

DAY 3:

P1010202.jpg

P1010203.jpg

DAY 4:

P1010208.jpg

DAY 5:

P1010209.jpg

P1010212.jpg

P1010211.jpg

WEEK 2

P1010239.jpg

P1010282.jpg

Week 2.5
P1010300.jpg

I had to take out all that nasty algae that was caked onto the glass. Spiderwebs galore! Cleaned all the pluming, cleaned the sump, cleaned the powerheads, cleaned the heater, cleaned the skimmer, cleaned everything!

My cousin who is also a member on this forum is hooking me up with his metal halide setup and some old dry rocks. Probably going to order some more rocks from marcorocks. So currently i am on the hunt for rocks and sand! stay tuned for updates on my quest for glory!

Any suggestions, comments, questions are more than appreciated!

EQUIPMENT BEING USED:
65g Reef Ready Tank
Oceanic Sump
Mag 5 pump
Small powerheads just for now (might get a MP10)
170w Maxspect G2 LED

WEEK 4.5​
P1010375.jpg

WEEK 6
DSC_0370.jpg

Last edited:

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
thanks everyone, for now im keeping the 12gallon but probably one day transferring things over. and thanks to INNEED for hitting me up about his missed opportunity

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
You did a great job cleaning up the tank.

Marco rock is a good choice. I have used them in the past and have been happy every time.
They also carry sand. I think they offer a Rock and Sand package too.

Jose

INNEED

BROOKLYN
Rating - 95.9%
93   4   0
no the tank was giveing to me....i was gonna set it up at my moms house she really wants to get into this saltwater hobby....i told her about the 65 gal tank but she told me it was too big for her that she really wanted a nano or jbj to put in the kitchen where she spends most of her day.....i really had no use for the tank.so i asked kidninja if he was serious about wanting the tank he told me yes so i ended up passing it to him....

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
no the tank was giveing to me....i was gonna set it up at my moms house she really wants to get into this saltwater hobby....i told her about the 65 gal tank but she told me it was too big for her that she really wanted a nano or jbj to put in the kitchen where she spends most of her day.....i really had no use for the tank.so i asked kidninja if he was serious about wanting the tank he told me yes so i ended up passing it to him....

Very nice of you! Sorry about my recent behavior (I'll leave it that, so I don't hijack the thread)

KidNinja: Great job cleaning the tank, looks like new. Can't wait to see you make the tank come alive. Best of luck

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I have the marco sand. It's very fine, and I bought 80lb of it too. I ended up only using about 45lb of it. The problem with it being so fine is that ihave some spots that are bare bottom because my mp40 blue the sand around. I would do something with a bigger grain if I could do it over again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: