bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I have upgraded to a 120 and I am going to build a custom stand and matching canopy. So far I have built the stand frame and have put the new tank on it. Here are pics of the stand. It will have three drawers and three doors on the front and a door on the right side. More pics will follow,

Attachments

• frame_front.jpg
    frame_front.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,545
  • frame_end.jpg
    frame_end.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,521

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
The tank is on the stand, the plumbing is all completed, the livestock is back in the tank and it's been re-aquascaped. Next, the exterior of the stand and the drawers. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• on_stand1.jpg
    on_stand1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,479
  • on_stand2.jpg
    on_stand2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,480

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
nice seems like everyone who gets into this hobby eventually upgrades im doin a same size upgrade congrats on yours pal goodluck lookin good

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Congrats on the upgrade!
A side door is super handy for access to the sump area.
Where are the drawers going to be??

On the front, right below the 2 x 6 header board. The thin white piece of wood is there to hold the backs of the drawer guides.

nice seems like everyone who gets into this hobby eventually upgrades im doin a same size upgrade congrats on yours pal goodluck lookin good

Thx and good luck with your upgrade.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Eric, the upgrade is looking good. I have one question about the wood, Is that a split piece of lumber on the top front facing 2x4 ? If so, have you done something to keep it from splitting further ?

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Hey Alex,

The 2 x 6 header that I used is not split - I went through a lot of lumber before I picked out my pieces. It is just a thin vein of sap that barely goes below the surface.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Hey Alex,

The 2 x 6 header that I used is not split - I went through a lot of lumber before I picked out my pieces. It is just a thin vein of sap that barely goes below the surface.

That's good, it seemed as though it could have been a piece of split wood. Are you planning on skinning the front and sides?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Thx Steve and James. I was going to work on the face today and install the drawers but I am too sore from shoveling to do any work today. I would like to finish by this weekend b/c I am going back to work on Monday.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: