Nsr250NYC said:
I just picked up a little 10 gal cube. now what can i do with it? :scratchch

fishtankpics006.jpg
put it in your bigger tank thats not set up :backtotop

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Here is what I see in that tank

Find a large piece of LR with a great shape!!! Create this zen like tank with pipes and seahorses. This pic is the beginning of a great seahorse tank from Reef Central:
seahorse.jpg

Last edited:

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks everyone. I know, I like collecting empty tanks. lol i like the idea of rbt anemone with a pair of clowns. seahorses are hard to take care of. so now, what kind of equipment do i need with it? should i drill the tank? skimmer? powerhead? lighting? thanks guys, great suggestions and comments!:biggrin:

Last edited:

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
seahorses are not hard..neither are pipefish...you can put them on brine...and try to start feeding mysis or cyclopeze....i had a pair for over 1/1/2...then i traded them to a friend...still doing well..the aren't as hard..your cube is perfect because of the fact it is high...low current..and a nice skimmer on it.just keep the water quality good..that..should do the trick...you can also throw in pipe fish..they are similar to the seahorses...any more question feel free to ask. :) good score btw..

Nsr250NYC

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks CC, for clearing that up. i think the tank will be too small for RBT with a pair of clowns. i guess seahorses are the way to go.

so anyone got a suggestion for skimmers and other equipments? btw its 13"x13"x14"H

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
similar to my 15 desiger, hard to find the right rocks, but it can be done. i have 2 viewing sides, and got that tape on back background for it. the rocks are like a slope from the top corner and fan out towards the bottom.

my tank
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6164

then i like the idea of seahorses or pipefish. i have been thinking about doing the same, just afraid that i can't care for them correctly

coralcrazy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
97   1   0
hm..get a remora..i am sure they are floating around this site...also get branches of live rock if you can..they like to wrap around stuff...put a power head with a sponge..would hate to see one of the guys getting killed by one...try to make it look natural..and make sure it is low current...the cute thing is they are very curious..when i went to clean my tank..they were attracted by my aqua gloves..i would stick my finger out and they would wrap around them...they are very cute..and you will be glad you chose them...
i am had them but far from an expert...
try reefcentral..they have more info...i used them when i had seahorses.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=35

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: