Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
lol i love them on shirts towels little bags seahorses forevuh...that perk sold me on the stand btw...but its deceiving because the access area is made a lot smaller by some not very well thought out craftsmanship...to fit my 24 high in there i had to literally rip the top off...double topless tank lol

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
wow the 36x18 stand looks tight on the inside.

bump for dimensions

i was going to buy the 36x12 stand for my new build but im going to have to get the 36x18 so i could actually fit a decent sump.

Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
wow the 36x18 stand looks tight on the inside.

bump for dimensions

i was going to buy the 36x12 stand for my new build but im going to have to get the 36x18 so i could actually fit a decent sump.

its really tight on the inside..lol....youre better off going with the 36x18. try to see one at your lfs or something so you know what i mean...this thing has random panels all over on the inside.

or i can take pics for tomm if you guys are interested...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
What are you all using for your sump? Pre made or just a tank hand made? I'm just trying to come up with ideas on what to do. I'm thinking making mine again like always. I just cannot figure out a good footprint tank to use. I want 30x12x16 but there is no tank with that. So I'm thinking 29g or 20L because it's 30inch long. What are u all using? And do u think a 24" would be too short under there?

And also, those with the deep blue stand, can anyone get me the dimensions of the inside of the stands LxWxH. Also, how wide is the center bar with that carbon fiber print?

P.S. All rimless owners... Post your FULL set ups! let's see the backbone of the system aka filtration
im using the lifereef sump skimmer and refugium.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Attachments

• IMG_20110420_202130.jpg
    IMG_20110420_202130.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 231

CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
What are you all using for your sump? Pre made or just a tank hand made? I'm just trying to come up with ideas on what to do. I'm thinking making mine again like always. I just cannot figure out a good footprint tank to use. I want 30x12x16 but there is no tank with that. So I'm thinking 29g or 20L because it's 30inch long. What are u all using? And do u think a 24" would be too short under there?

And also, those with the deep blue stand, can anyone get me the dimensions of the inside of the stands LxWxH. Also, how wide is the center bar with that carbon fiber print?

P.S. All rimless owners... Post your FULL set ups! let's see the backbone of the system aka filtration

I made mine. I am using a 29g tank, but I aslo have a custome made stand.

here is the backbone of my system-pretty simple setup.

Attachments

• sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 214

chinatown

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Forgot to mention that the inside of the deep blue carbon fiber stand is a pita to fit anything into without taking off the top. I love the side door access but omg what a p i t a

hahaha, yea, it was a serious pita. my 20g L sump is sitting slanted cause it won't fit into the stand. what a POS stand but I found out after I bought it.

williec

One day I'll get it right
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What does a 57gal. and stand cost in the store and is that stand compressed wood or solid as I'm interested in this purchase.Willie

Bryceandmandy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
@ chinatown - yeah same here, only after we bought it did we realize how badly DB dropped the ball on a great idea...figures

@willie - Ive seen them around varying from $499 to $600 or so. i know Ocean Gallery had one that was really well priced, idk if it's still there anymore. We got our tank/stand a 4 bulb DB solarextreme and a Mag 7 for like 550-600

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
whoever has the deep blue stand...what is the dimentions INSIDE the stand? i am getting ready to buy a tank for my sump, and i really want to do a 30L but i dont think a 36 inch long tank would fit inside the stand? or would it? and the width?

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
not only do you have to worry about lenght, but height also ryan. being able to get skimmer and ect in and out and room to do anything

Thats true, I thought about that, I have a nac 7 and I really wanted a sump that was 16 inches, aka the 30L, but now that won't work, and I think a 20L would not work because the skimmer requires up to 10-11 inches of submerged, and the 20L is only 12 inches tall, so that gives me no room for safe zone for power outage. I mean hight is 27 inches inside the stand, and it has that side access door so I could always just pull the sump out the side if I needed any major maintenance. I'm running the system simple...2 filter sock holders, my skimmer, and then return pipe. I like simple. I'm going to have to head to pet co and look at a few tanks a guess....

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Thats true, I thought about that, I have a nac 7 and I really wanted a sump that was 16 inches, aka the 30L, but now that won't work, and I think a 20L would not work because the skimmer requires up to 10-11 inches of submerged, and the 20L is only 12 inches tall, so that gives me no room for safe zone for power outage. I mean hight is 27 inches inside the stand, and it has that side access door so I could always just pull the sump out the side if I needed any major maintenance. I'm running the system simple...2 filter sock holders, my skimmer, and then return pipe. I like simple. I'm going to have to head to pet co and look at a few tanks a guess....

i dont have that stand but was helping Edwin with his. and its a real p.i.t.a. had to take off the side door to pull out the sump...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: