Rating - 100%
298   0   0
Just recently upgraded to an Oceanic 156 gallon that I purchased from a member here. My previous tank was a 75g that I kept for a few years -->
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-threads/49811-lazibonezs-75g-reef-tank.html , everything were thriving until something wrong happened, I suspected it was the cheap pump that I been using to do my waterchange with, because I found out later it had a fine print that saids "for freshwater only" doh!. Lost 99% of my SPS, lots of LPS, but surprisingly my softies and zoa did well through this ordeal. Figured it was a good time to upgrade, and I always wanted a 5 feet tank, couldnt pass up on the deal when a member was selling it. I am glad that I upgraded to this tank. It has been 2 months up and running. Special thanks to Tito, Lucidheights, Joemac who helped me bring this heavy a$$ tank into the house, Harry for redoing the canopy, and Widdy for helping me with my DIY Led project.

Oceanic 156g RR (60in x 24in x 25in high) Cherry oak Stand and Canopy.
40g breeder sump
Litermeter doser
Swc 180 cone skimmer
Marineland 4500 return pump
1 MP40w, 1 MP40w ES
RK2 controller
DIY Cree Led fixture. 72 total leds. (Update: added 8 regular blue leds)
1 carbon, 1 phosphate reactor.

Inhabitants:
Tangs: 1 hippo, 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 kole, 1 powder blue, 1 chocolate mimic
4 green chromis, 5 lyretail anthias, 3 barlett anthias, 1 spotted mandarin goby, 1 yellow, 1 blue assessor basslet, 1 mystery wrasse, 1 clown fairy wrasse, 1 flasher wrasse, 1 possum wrasse, 1 yellow coris wrasse, 1 tailspot blenny, 1 flame hawk, 1 candy basslet, 1 japanese swallowtail angelfish, 2 ocellaris clowns, 1 bangai cardinal, 6 firefish goby.

Total fish: 37 for now

LEDs_.jpg

Moon_.jpg

side_.jpg

Screen_.jpg

Stand1_.jpg

5_.jpg

blue_.jpg

Birds_.jpg

Hammer_.jpg

lobo_-1.jpg

pavona_.jpg

flowerpot_.jpg

ME_.jpg

Acan_.jpg

Alieneyes_.jpg

Candycane_.jpg

Sps_.jpg

Anthias_-1.jpg

Attachments

• 5_s.jpg
    5_s.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Fantastic! I see this tank every few weeks... it is truly awe inspiring EVERY single time I see it! I'm positive you'll get it back to its former glory, only this time you have a lot more real estate to grow more "Holy Crap! That's some nice corals!". Keep up the great work! I'll be by this weekend, again :eek:

TOTM candidate! :teeth:<i'll be="" back="" this="" weekend="" to="" see="" it="" again=""></i'll>

Rating - 100%
298   0   0
Thanks JR!

Steve, I ready added a bunch of corals after these pictures were taken. lol. mainly sps. You ll get to see it this week. This is like your second tank since you get to see it so often, and you have someone else taking care of it for you. lol. Thanks again for the help on leds you have given me.

More pictures to come..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: