Rim_Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So i have been struggling with my tank for about 2 months now. Let me start with some basic info.
175 gal bowfront
t5ho 6x80watt-only running half due to algae lights are 2 months old
phosban reactor and carbon
20gal ref with mixed macros revers night cycle

Heres a pic of the algae

I have been manually removing it as much as i can every othe day for 2months plus cut back on feeding and lighting as well as changing gfo/carbon biweekly. I tried scrubbing my rocks once and it cleaned the algae really well but killed 3 of my fish which probably didnt help the situation. Can i safely scrub the rocks again. Also my ph was very low but i found the problem due to inadequate o2 in the house from a natural gas heater. I plumbed a small fan into the canopy from outside and that keeps the ph up around 8.0 a little lower than id like but it should work.
Any ideas /comments

junglebase

Will always be a Newbie..
Rating - 99.4%
166   1   0
all i can say is YIKES!!!! not to discourage you but that algae made a lot of reefers leave the hobby... that is one of the most difficult algae to battle... just ask ZANYMASTER....

Rim_Reefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
its everywhere i have been siphoning it out every other day i will try daily now. I normally change 20-25 gallons once a month. I really dont want to break down the tank but its definately everywhere. Does this need light to grow. Maybe i can take out the coral and leave it with no light for a few weeks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: