Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I have a custom gaming computer and when gaming it pumps out a ton of hot air. I mean a ton...to the point my room gets way to hot. Nothing is overclocked and i dont plan too overclock, I would just like too know if theres something i can do to help with the heat. Possibly a way too have these fans cool it down better?

Heres my specs

Cooler master Cosmos Case
Nvidia gtx 570
i7 processor
8 gigs ram
Cooler master v8
corsair 750 watt psu
4 large fans [built in case]

Is there a way to set the fans to run faster?

Someone mentioned 1% for every 1% degree? I dont know my idle temps or gaming temps, but i assume everything is fine because i never see a decrease in performance even if gaming for hours.

Basically my question is....If i keep the system cooler from the ghetgo wont the air be much cooler coming from the case altogether.

Some other thing i would like to mention, I keep the side of the case on, along with the coolermaster insert, would you suggest otherwise? I figured running it the way intended is best because it allows for the airflow to work as intended. I know some poeple run portable fans on the side with the case open [not looking to do that lol]

heres some photos

full case
wholecomp.jpg

top large fans
top2fans.jpg

bottom fan and the coolermaster removable cover that hides the video card
withcover.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
A friend of mine built the system. Its only around 6 months old.

Its been this way since day one. When surfing the net the system pumps out cool air. when playing graphic intense games it rises. It makes sense and im not trying to say their is something wrong. Im just curious if there would be something i could do to run the fans stronger to increase airflow - basically cooling it down faster and preventing it from producing that heat.

my room is quite small so it can get a little too hot unless i strip down lmao.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
They sell liquid cooling systems that are plug and play it will help out a little but the best advise would be an air conditioner or open a window from the top. I had the same problem and this is how I solved this problem

Sent from my MB860 using Reefs

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can go liquid cooling for the CPU and then go liquid for GPU but its pricey. The CPU can be done cheap but that coolmaster may be doing just as good of a job as a cheap liquid. You can get corsair for the CPU for around $75.

I agree it sounds like you need to be cooling the room.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
A friend of mine built the system. Its only around 6 months old.

Its been this way since day one. When surfing the net the system pumps out cool air. when playing graphic intense games it rises. It makes sense and im not trying to say their is something wrong. Im just curious if there would be something i could do to run the fans stronger to increase airflow - basically cooling it down faster and preventing it from producing that heat.

my room is quite small so it can get a little too hot unless i strip down lmao.

Not questioning the skillset of the builder, but mistakes happen. Check the direction of the fans placement.

Not sure if you have the Cosmos S or Pure, but they should be similar. With (3) 120mm and (1) 200mm fan, there should be plenty of airflow going through the rig. If it's been happening since day 1, don't think dust bunnies are the cause; but inspect the fan fins anyways since you have the case opened.

Makes sense that it only occurs when you're gaming, i7 runs pretty hot when utilization is high. Here's a airflow specsheet for the Cosmos S, compare it to your build.

http://www.coolermaster.com/faq.php?action=ViewAnswer&faq_id=307

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The type of cooling is not going to make a difference. Either you vent the heat out of the room with an air conditioner or fan or you live with the heat. Changing the speed of the fans only helps with dispersing the heat off the processors, it doesn't eliminate the heat.

Absolutely. The ventilation system in the computer sounds to be working properly. The only way to eliminate the problem of the room being hot is to vent the room somehow.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fans are working properly if your room is getting hot.

You'll need to cool your room by opening the door or window.

When the A/C unit goes out (in a blue moon) in our server room it gets hot in there very fast.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
There are a few things going on here that stand out to me.

1) It doesn't matter what you use to cool the system. A liquid setup is still going to use a radiator to disperse the heat from the liquid into the air in the room.

2) If the room isn't ventilated properly the system will just recirculate hot air reducing it's ability to cool and the temp will just keep rising (this is where most people run into problems with their chillers on their tanks...)

3) When was the last time you took a can of air to the system? 6 months is a long time and even if a thin layer of dust has built up it's like wrapping your components in thermal underwear. The key spots to keep clear is the CPU, GPU, and RAM (also any air intake filters).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: