theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
With the amount of fish disease parasites out there. It is worth it to qt regardless of where/when you get a fish. I never did until I got burned. Lost every fish I owned. A 20 gallon bb tank with pvc heater and powerhead are is all you really need.

That's what usually happens. Get burned once or twice and qt doesn't seem like such a pain in the butt anymore.

To me it's one of the great mysteries in this hobby. Some ppl never qt and get lucky again and again for years without ever getting disease. While others who appear to provide the same diet, husbandry etc, who don't qt one fish and wipe out their tank.

Silkyslim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
That's what usually happens. Get burned once or twice and qt doesn't seem like such a pain in the butt anymore.

To me it's one of the great mysteries in this hobby. Some ppl never qt and get lucky again and again for years without ever getting disease. While others who appear to provide the same diet, husbandry etc, who don't qt one fish and wipe out their tank.

Agreed. I went years disease free until I got bit. For me I'd rather be proactive and treat new fish especially that just came to a lfs. Just my opinion fwiw.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Lost a yellow coris wrasse the day after i got him. he was already swimming upside down and laying on his side. called the LFS i got him at and was told this is normal. Found him the next day dead in a corner

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: