Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
WOW i ruined the look of my own tank, funny how that works I appreciate you input but I think I will stick to black. But you must be the expert

I have to say that members like that ruin this forum and somehow they are popping up everywhere!

maybe it was the tone you took when you started this thread that bothered me. You are basically calling everyone who doesnt have a black background a newbie. Then i take a look at your tank and it looks like a total newbie tank. You seem to have an elitist attitude and I can't figure out why. It's not like you have an extraordinary tank yet you continue to talk like you are some kind of expert. Is it because you have an elos tank? Does that automatically mean you know more than everyone else?

Im just getting tired of these silly threads about the color of backgrounds and crusades against eggcrate.

Good luck with those Green Star Polyps. :rolleyes:

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Being an actual noob to all this, I thought that personal preference and beauty is in the eye of the beholder was what this hobby was all about.

For myself I like black backround but that is all we have personal experiences with. Our Tenecor came to us with black instead of blue and we had it up for 9 years so I got used to it. And the new tank came black as well. Never thought to change or look for something different.

I have personally seen people's tanks of all different backrounds that I have liked and not liked and I can tell you it had nothing at all to do with the color of the backround of the tank. And honestly the content of the tank is much more impressive than the actual backround color in all instances... for me anyway.

russianmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I kinda had no choice - I bought my tank 2nd hand with black overflow boxes - would havel looked funny with a blue background, so I used black.

I've seem some blues that look amazing, as well as some clears that are stunning (but require way more work to keep clean).

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
maybe it was the tone you took when you started this thread that bothered me. You are basically calling everyone who doesnt have a black background a newbie. Then i take a look at your tank and it looks like a total newbie tank. You seem to have an elitist attitude and I can't figure out why. It's not like you have an extraordinary tank yet you continue to talk like you are some kind of expert. Is it because you have an elos tank? Does that automatically mean you know more than everyone else?

Im just getting tired of these silly threads about the color of backgrounds and crusades against eggcrate.

Good luck with those Green Star Polyps. :rolleyes:

Black looks really good on an Elos tank. Both Blue or black look good on all tanks besides room dividers. He started a regular thread. You started a fight! You need to chill out. Most of all don't hate on Elos tanks. One day your piggy bank will have enough to get one!

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Black looks really good on an Elos tank. Both Blue or black look good on all tanks besides room dividers. He started a regular thread. You started a fight! You need to chill out. Most of all don't hate on Elos tanks. One day your piggy bank will have enough to get one!

the piggy bank has nothing to do with it friend. If I wanted an elos tank I would buy one today, money is not a problem.

That being said i have nothing against Elos tanks and never "hated" on them. Just said I think they look better w/ no background. So maybe you should chill out and read a little better before you dig up old threads and try to stir up trouble. I never started a fight, i was just making a point that the color of your background has nothing to do with reefing ability. So something had to be said about the "Blue is for newbies" comment. Come back when you have something constructive to add :thanks:

Last edited:

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My old tank was blue (see devious's 20 gal thread) and after seeing Jhale's pics of GA I went with black.

I never scape coraline off the back, so mine's kinda purple polka dot.

anyone remember the great paint job on Jenny Butterfly's tank?

B

Adamc1303

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
the piggy bank has nothing to do with it friend. If I wanted an elos tank I would buy one today, money is not a problem.

That being said i have nothing against Elos tanks and never "hated" on them. Just said I think they look better w/ no background. So maybe you should chill out and read a little better before you dig up old threads and try to stir up trouble. I never started a fight, i was just making a point that the color of your background has nothing to do with reefing ability. So something had to be said about the "Blue is for newbies" comment. Come back when you have something constructive to add :thanks:

I wasn't digging up old threads to start trouble. It's just when a guy starts a regular thread and you come in and tell him a he ruined a tank he spent lots of $$ on, I thought it wouldn't hurt to scold you a bit and i'm glad I did. I am sure that your setup was expensive and that you put a countless amount of time, money and effort in to it. You would hate for someone to say you ruined it right? BTW I don't even know the member that started this thread so this wasn't an attempt to protect a friend or gang up on anyone.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wasn't digging up old threads to start trouble. It's just when a guy starts a regular thread and you come in and tell him a he ruined a tank he spent lots of $$ on, I thought it wouldn't hurt to scold you a bit and i'm glad I did. I am sure that your setup was expensive and that you put a countless amount of time, money and effort in to it. You would hate for someone to say you ruined it right? BTW I don't even know the member that started this thread so this wasn't an attempt to protect a friend or gang up on anyone.

yes and that was the point i was trying to make. Thats kind of what he did to everyone w/out a black background. The tone of this thread seemed insulting to everyone out there with anything other than black backgrounds. I was trying to make a point that the whole thing is a matter of opinion and what one person likes, another may dislike. 1 is not better than the other...It's personal preference.

I think Elos tanks are very nice and MY tank background is BLACK. If you knew the story behind it you might think differently of me. I am a just a nice guy who doesn't appreciate saying one persons preference is better than the other.

If you were around to see the original post you would have probably caught the tone i took offense to. The whole thing was worked out between the thread author and Me quite a while ago.
:dead:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: