aborrero4u

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Hey Guys,

So I have another question for you guys regarding my media reactor. So I got my reactor up and running off the ground and it has been working great now for about 2 weeks.However now I notice that the salt water that's coming out the reactor is very minimal at the most. When I started it before the water was coming out stronger. My check valve is open all the way on the inlet line. Whats up with the flow? So what gives, I am at a loss.? Thanks....I am using about a tablespoon of gfo..

Last edited:

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i have the brs dual reactor i have the same problem when new pumped my a maxijet or rio i forget but the flow is fairly strong, but as the reactor media gets crap built up in the pads it slows down.. probably just needs to be cleaned

and are u using the correct cartrige for the gfo? if not thats whats slowing thew flow bc the gfo is small media and clogs the filter pads

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
i have the brs dual reactor i have the same problem when new pumped my a maxijet or rio i forget but the flow is fairly strong, but as the reactor media gets crap built up in the pads it slows down.. probably just needs to be cleaned

and are u using the correct cartrige for the gfo? if not thats whats slowing thew flow bc the gfo is small media and clogs the filter pads

After a while the detritus build up and the use of the GFO will cause the flow to restrict. I would say use a bit less and change it out sooner but with the amount your using there may be another possible problem. clean it out and check on it to see the cause. My reactor does the same but I'm using 2 cups, with the new filterless cartridge from BRS. It clogs less quickly because it does't have the sponge.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: