Reefer420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
my friends think the tank is pretty cool- but they think i'm pretty ridiculous when i show them my tank posting online, or doing anything that looks strange like putting on my long latex gloves to move something in the tank!

my g/f hates it period. I think she's coming around a little b/c she likes the way it looks now- but she can't stand much else about it (or that I spend more time on it than I do her...ha :sgrin: ). i've tried getting her into it, but fish just aren't her thing. won't she be surprised when she comes home one day to a massive 120+g tank dominating our living room!! :bigeyes2:

I've already told her that I need my own 'lair' when we get a place- where I can keep my reef tank, computer, and other things she hates!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i like to keep it personal to. when i get company over and they see it there amazed. there like ohh my god nemo is in your tank. and then there like wait wait theres dori and bubbles. and they just sit there amazed. one of my good friends calls me the fish guy you no from deuce bigalow. its a funny inside thing between them and me. i cant stand it thats why i dont tell n e one anymore.

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
jhale said:
his ebill is included in his maintance fee's :rolleyes:
wish I had that deal.
could you say triple 400's?

Now you know Kai, now you know... funny quote by the way :)

Bloody hell!!!!!!!! I had a deal like that but no reef. Now I have a reef but no deal. AAARRGGHH!!! :banghead:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
jhale said:
his ebill is included in his maintance fee's :rolleyes:
wish I had that deal.
could you say triple 400's?

I can't say 3X400...but will double 400 do? My e-bill is also included in my maintenance :icon16:. My only problem, is my circuit breaker occassionally trips when lights are full blast and someone uses the microwave on a high power setting :banghead:. Any option around this, short of eliminating the microwave? :smokin:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Deanos said:
I can't say 3X400...but will double 400 do? My e-bill is also included in my maintenance :icon16:. My only problem, is my circuit breaker occassionally trips when lights are full blast and someone uses the microwave on a high power setting :banghead:. Any option around this, short of eliminating the microwave? :smokin:

do you have breakers or the old screw in fuses?

and if breakers is the box in your apt.?

if so do you have access to shut the power off to the box ?

and, last question, in the box are there empty spaces for more breakers?

if yes to all then we/you can add some 20amp lines just for those 400 watters :) it's easy.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Most people that come over and see my tanks are so impressed with them they just stand there in front and keep looking at them. The usally comment that I get from them is it must be alot of work to maintain those tanks.

Alot of people see them and it gives them an idea to get a fish tank but just not to the extreme like I have it. I don;t think I've even had some one say that it was to much, except my landlord in Brooklyn who said it was like visiting the NY Aquarium.

I think also that I have other hobbys and thing that I do so it doesn't overwhem everything in my apartment and I have time for other things so no one complaints.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
jhale said:
do you have breakers or the old screw in fuses?

and if breakers is the box in your apt.?

if so do you have access to shut the power off to the box ?

and, last question, in the box are there empty spaces for more breakers?

if yes to all then we/you can add some 20amp lines just for those 400 watters :) it's easy.

The breakers are in a box in my apartment; they look and act like light switches. Some are marked 15 and two are marked 20 (I forget which one flips with the lights). There seems to be 2 empty slots.
Img_2300.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
okay so you have 100 amps in a small box, with two empty slots.

you could add a 20amp and just make sure you don't turn everything on in your apartment at once.

how far is the tank from the box?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Deanos said:

reading this again, are your lights on the same breaker as the microwave or are they different?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: