BKLYN REEF

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Can't recommend reefoman enough! Makes most tank builders look like amateurs. His seems are perfect and tanks look like an elos. He built my 105 gallon for a great price and there was not one flaw. I'll be hitting him up for my next build for sure.

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
the pics you are showing are completely cosmetic, the glass that's not polished is the euro brace top piece, maybe if you wanted it polished you should have discussed it with them prior to signing off on the build. Your tank looks euro braced not rimless, if it was a true rimless finished like that then I could see having a problem, but to me that looks euro braced.

What is the quality of the silicone seams inside the aquarium? Are all the visible edges of the tank polished? C2C is pretty thorough as to the standards and specs you want your tank built to, I think this problem might be a little more consumer error and lack of communication before the build was approved.

I have been around aquariums for many years, seen tons of different builds, C2C builds one of the best as long as you tell them exactly what you need/want and don't signs off on it till your on the same page.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
the pics you are showing are completely cosmetic, the glass that's not polished is the euro brace top piece, maybe if you wanted it polished you should have discussed it with them prior to signing off on the build.

As the OP stated, that is not the problem...this is the problem...

The problem is that C2C will not pick up the phone, return a voicemail or email and its been 5 WEEKS! They refuse to even discuss my concern regarding the quality and construction of this aquarium.

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Understood

When you spend a few grand a follow up phone call would be nice to discuss your concerns...

But in all fairness to both sides how much is there really to discuss if you signed off on everything and agreed to all terms and conditions.

It's a tough one, personally I would follow up if someone was unhappy with my product.
I find it hard to believe that the aquarium builder hasn't responded to any form of communication in 5 weeks. If that is the case that's not good public relations.

Regardless, I think you got a nice tank, most likely exactly what you ordered.

I do know this, when you are ordering a custom built tank from any manufacturer make sure you convey every possible thing you want in this tank and don't sign off till everything is "crystal clear" between you and builder.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used C2C to build my first custom tank and working with them was a great experience. The tank is of great construction, I dropped my light fixture on the side of the EuroBrace pretty hard and only walked away with a small clamshell crack that is more cosmetic than anything else. They also contracted out the build of the stand and I can say that is high quality as well. If I had one complaint it would be that there were "bubbles" in the silicone on the side. I never complained so I can't say they would not have tried to fix it. Hard to describe so I included a picture. If there are specific areas of the tank where you want pictures let me know.

Attachments

• tankside.jpg
    tankside.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 331
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the comments. Good to hear from all sides.

Next time I order a multi-thousand dollar custom aquarium from the best manufacturer in the country i'll be sure to give them better specs.

Although, I would have NEVER thought to let the best custom aquarium manufacturer in the country that I wanted my multi-thousand dollar aquarium to have "sanded", "non-jagged" edges and to assemble the glass pieces so the were "square", "flush" and "level". Air gaps in the silicon is also not preferred. Finally, having the decency to simply talk with a customer that is dissatisfied is not considered "above and beyond" to me...it is the most basic customer service.

Lesson learned.

14572880_10210611285028455_5724541734933771867_n.jpg

14480713_10210611283468416_5350067431637464695_o.jpg

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I don't think you should let one bad review of coast to coast discourage you.

You live in NJ, it would be crazy to not talk to them, maybe you could even go by their shop and see some of their tanks.

I think the negative post was a disgruntled person working in the aquarium field

C2C makes one of the best tanks I've seen, but as stated earlier, be specific, double check everything before signing off.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: