beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I got a quote from them for a custom 30x30x30 cube tank with 1/2" starphire glass and an external scupper overflow box. It seems a bit on the expensive side, but I'm ok with it if I know I'm getting quality.

So, has anyone used them before?

I'm open to getting quotes from other companies, but don't tell me to check out Glass Cages. They are a crap company with terrible silicone work and worse customer service. I'd rather pay for quality and service than deal with their garbage.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
If i can choose again over Miracle and Cost to Cost, i'll choose cost to cost and pay slight extra. Their seem are much thicker. I see some imperfection in my tank and the glass aren't cut perfect, all 4 glass panel have different height. I see the spacer disk in my tank as well. Good luck on your search. Macropora has a coast to coast cube tank, he can probably give you some info on it.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
C2C is expensive. I have received some really high quotes for smaller scale/nano tanks in the past and I couldn't justify paying the money. I unfortunately pretty much skipped over them for my new build. I would have loved to use someone locally.

Once you understand how the glass alone is calculated and you compare that with their quotes you'll see what they are making off each tank.

Even with shipping, everyone else seems way cheaper.

On a different note, their tanks are great quality, but I always see very large bulky overflows.

For my new build I contacted cad lights and reef savvy.

I received a quote from cad lights and I'm very happy with it.

reef savvy still hasn't replied.

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Tagging along...

I've been looking at Coast to Coast as well. I spoke with them and received a quote, which was high, though it seemed like a lot of the cost was tied up in the cabinetry/stand and annoyingly, delivery, which was BRUTAL to NYC. That surprised me, given that they are in Toms River. All that stuff was like, 3x the price of the tank itself. Blah.

I'm looking for a 5 foot tank, 24 deep, height TBA, with delivery, as I don't have a car and wouldn't trust myself (and some friends) to transport a few hundred lbs of glass anyway.

I'm avoiding Glass Cages for the same reasons list above...sloppy silicone and not-too-very-good customer service. Coast to Coast seems like a case of "you get what you pay for". I've seen a lot of stuff about their tanks being superbly well built, with attention to detail, all coming at a price premium though.

I"m curious what Cadlights or Miracles wants to deliver to NYC...

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
C2C is at a premium. But their silicone work is the best I've seen. Once I saw their raffle tanks at MACNA in Atlantic City, I knew that's what I wanted. Delivery was a PITA, I ended up asking a friend to pick it up with me, though my tank is only a 36x24. As for the stand, I ended going the DIY route; but there will no warranty if stand is DIY'd, understandably. I'm sure Chris will be more than happy to give you a tour of their facilities if asked.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Coast to Coast Aquariums make great tanks. I like the fact they are local. Also look into AGE http://www.acrylicandglassexhibits.com/ They make hybrid tanks as well. Bolth of these companies are top notch and you will not go wrong choosing one. I will be getting my tank from one of these vendors in the near future.
On a side note. I see people saying that "they are too expensive". I find this quite funny considering the first and one of the most important purchases is the tank. However, we spend litterally thousands of dollars on corals to house in an inferior tank.....this makes no sense to me. Get the best to start with even if it takes a little longer to save for it. You will not be disapointed. Remember your not only paying for the materials but the craftsmanship and the warranty of the product(and more importantly actually honoring it).

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Really? I always thought they did curbside delivery. Hrm... Hi Sam! :)

Sup Steve!!!! Nope! Me, Tido, Allen and his buddy had to pick it up at mespeth. Darn heavy!

Go with local, at least you can fully inspect the tank before taking it home, and if anything you can settle there. Good luck!

Spend the extra and get the quality, I assume you dont buy a new customs tank every year or so often.

Last edited:

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Seems like the general consensus is that they are expensive but well made tanks.

This tank is going to be planned out for months and is going to be my dream tank, so I'm willing to spend some money if I know I'm getting the best I can get.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Seems like the general consensus is that they are expensive but well made tanks.

This tank is going to be planned out for months and is going to be my dream tank, so I'm willing to spend some money if I know I'm getting the best I can get.

FWIW, C2C runs "specials" on their rimless/starphire builds. Usually in the beginning of the summers, I assume to grab what ever sales are to be had before the summer slowdown. Checking my last email from them, it was in the Spring of 2012, here's a quote from their email campaign. Perhaps they offer you something similar.

In celebration of the arrival of Spring CTC Aquariums is pleased to announce more great offers on our custom glass aquariums. Firstly, we are again offering 3/4" thick Starphire Low-Iron glass upgrades at NO CHARGE...and 50% OFF 1/2" thick Starphire Low-Iron glass upgrades! We will also discount our Rimless aquariums that are built using 1/2" thick glass by an additional 25%! Lastly, we are offering 10% to 20% discounts on most of our other aquarium styles in standard dimensions!

- Offer #1) 3/4" thick Starphire low-iron glass upgrades at no charge*

- Offer #2) 1/2" thick Starphire low-iron glass upgrades at half price*

- Offer #3) 25% OFF our Rimless aquariums that are built using 1/2" thick glass

- Offer #4) 20% OFF all standard aquariums*

- Offer #5) 10% OFF all standard aquariums between 96"L and 120"L**

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Sup Steve!!!! Nope! Me, Tido, Allen and his buddy had to pick it up at mespeth. Darn heavy!

Go with local, at least you can fully inspect the tank before taking it home, and if anything you can settle there. Good luck!

Spend the extra and get the quality, I assume you dont buy a new customs tank every year or so often.

Hmmm, when I ordered, I was told they deliver during normal business hours to curbside (which they did for me, in fact, they even put it in the entrance of my backyard as I requested but was told that would be honored depending on the driver), but if you aren't available during the 9-5 hours, then you would need to pickup from the depot.

I'm not sure if it changed or not.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Hmmm, when I ordered, I was told they deliver during normal business hours to curbside (which they did for me, in fact, they even put it in the entrance of my backyard as I requested but was told that would be honored depending on the driver), but if you aren't available during the 9-5 hours, then you would need to pickup from the depot.

I'm not sure if it changed or not.

Your damn lucky!!! i had to pay extra to get a van and go pick up. I'm not suprise it has changed with this economy, cutting cost and stuff.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: