33   0   0
Leather

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1346887102.058138.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1346887102.058138.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 97
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'd shut off all pumps and powerheads and attempt to move it. If it's dead it will pretty much disintegrate ands fall part. It will also stink to no end. Slowly and carefully remove it without allowing too much of it to fall off you may want to do a small WC.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Hi highboost, you can possibly safe it, but as already mentioned you have to cut away the bad portion of the stem. Cut a little above the diseased part. I would also dip it in a "Coral Disinfectant" before placing it back in the tank. If you have a hospital tank that would be better.:)
My "Tyree Neon Green Toadstool" multiplies by dropping babies from it's mantle, and ends up looking like the one in your last pic. Don't give up on your's just yet. Just keep a close eye on it. If you see it start to deteriorate pull it from you system. By deteriorate I do not mean slough-thing off a thin layer (which leathers do), but actually disintegrating (as in falling apart in to pieces).
Hope that helps..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: