jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I sold mine not that long ago. It is like ANY piece of equiptment we buy for our ayatems, "IT NEEDS TO BE CHECKED"!!!!! It does alot for you but you still need to make suree the filters are not needed to be replaced. And that the float switch is working properly. And that the probe is calibrated properly.

I agree, mine was sold btw. I think it's a good machine, but it requires a lot of attention. don't set it up and think you can forget about it.

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I would check mine weekly while I did my weekly maintance on the tank.
Check parameters (Cal/Alk/Mag/Sal/Pott)
Check PO4
Clean Tank
Check Probe reading
Check float switch

30 minutes later watching the game drinking a beer :)

NaCl H20

(not the vendor)
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I actually bought nyfireman3097/Nick's machine when he was looking to sell. Although it was a little while ago, I only recently had time to finish setting it up. So I'm not really in a position to give a experienced review of the machine but thus far I've run into some of the things that other people have mentioned about minor things that were not up to date in the manual that came with it. Although Gerry from Seavisions has been helpful when I have called him to ask questions etc.
Subjectively, so far I've already noticed better polyp extension on a few corals. And yes, I am checking on the machine every other day or so for now, but everything seems to be running smoothly.
One thing you need to factor in are the replacement of the filters, they are recommended to be changed every 3 months (except for the RO menbrane). I don't believe I remember seeing that on the website when I was doing research. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or post.

Smitty750

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!!!! this wasn't the ending to the story that I was expecting!!!! Def not ur "and they lived happily ever after" I wish he would stop back and tell us exactly what it was that went wrong

NaCl H20

(not the vendor)
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah I figured that, I was going to see how things progressed and change them as needed, it sounded a little arbitrary. Do you recall for your setup how long the filters lasted? I'm running it at the minimum 2.5 gpd (for everyone else's info that's approx. a 75 gallon water change per month!). Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: