fishguttz

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, the best way to deplete unwanted algae is to add wanted algae.
Put in a clump of Chaeto or some other minimally invasive macroalgae, don't use caulerpa taxifolia. The algae compete for the same nutrients in the water. I think eventually the chaeto will win, and you don't have to add chemicals, which really just delay the maturation process anyway.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I do have a clump of ? spaghetti ? chaet in there. If you go to my tank thread you will see it. It is also constantly getting covered in cyano. I shake it off once a day and it helps a little but the cyano comes back. I did a 25% wc yesterday which seems to have helped a little. I will do another one tomorrow if I have time and add some more cleaners. Hopefully that will help.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It was suggested to me that I run my sump and main tank on opposite light schedules. I had to tear down my tank before I could see results, but it may work as plants have different night/day cycles.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The tank is a sumpless, skimmerless, 12 gallon JBJ Nanocube. If I was starting all over again I would have not done it, I would have bought a 10 or 20 gallon standard tank, added a remora or similar skimmer, t5 lighting and a couple of powerheads...but I have to work with what I have.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: