ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
neither bother corals, thats also called a 6 bar isnt it ?
Not sure about the 6 bar name, but sometimes both angels will go after my LPS and zoos.....not a biggie in my eyes since I am into the SPS.

Thats what I'm talking about....Keeping that little guy happy, may say more about your 'reef keeping expertise' , than all those beautiful corals...and thats saying alot!
Thanks. I try to keep them fat and happy :tongue1:

great set up you have there, i want to try radiums out but i run ice caps and from what i read they will run blue on those ballasts
You are probably right. Best is to have them on HQIs...they run a nice crisp white color.

Unreal. One of the nicest tanks I have seen here
Thanks!

awesome Keith. that ORA Purple Plasma is very cool, looks much better in person!!
Thanks Konstantine! I hope the frags are doing well.

I love your tank :) The growth on your acros is unreal!!! How do you keep up with calcification demands?
Thanks Rich. The primary source is a calcium reactor. I also have a kalk reactor but that is more to keep the ph up from the calcium reactor bringing it down.

Awesome.. Thanks for sharing.
Many thanks!

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Thanks again everybody!

WoW. how long did it take 4 the sps to grow that big ?
Thanks. The tank has been up for nearly 2 1/2 years but some of my frags have shot up within a year to year and a half. Growth for everything has been great the last year, which is when I switched to Radiums.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thanks again everybody!

Thanks. The tank has been up for nearly 2 1/2 years but some of my frags have shot up within a year to year and a half. Growth for everything has been great the last year, which is when I switched to Radiums.

Do you attribute the growth to the Radiums? :inlove:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Is that on any HQI ballast? Does brand matter? I get so totally confused with all of this. And to boot I have no idea what ballast is in my AquaSpace fixture which I purchased used from another member.

Last edited:

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Is that on any HQI ballast? Does brand matter? I get so totally confused with all of this. And to boot I have no idea what ballast is in my AquaSpace fixture which I purchased used from another member.
Yes. They are on HQI ballasts and brand doesn't really matter. PFO used to make them for 400W but they went of business and Sunlight Supply no longer makes a 400W HQI ballast (I snagged the last ones from Premium Aquatics about 10 months ago). I believe a manufacturer from Tawain makes them but not sure who sells them.....so they are not really readily available at this point.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: