shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks guys. I hate to admit it, but it was almost a blessing when I sold off some of my equipment. Everything I replaced it with is a major upgrade.

I'm picking up a bunch of nice zoas tonight, so expect some pics later this evening!

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Also, I'm drawing a blank with what fish to add next. I've got a pair of Percula clowns, a Yasha goby, Mystery Wrasse, CB shrimp, and a cleaner shrimp. Anyone care to suggest some cool, off the wall, sort of inhabitants?

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I cant wait for my 55g to cycle...I'm taking your lead in fish / coral selection. Great choices.

Thanks Hec. I'm taking my time with everything. As of today, my stock list includes a mystery wrasse, pair of perculas, yasha goby, coral banded shrimp, and cleaner shrimp. I've got about 20 different coral species in the tank right now, and much more SPS coming my way in the next few weeks.

I also just ordered my Salifert test kits and ESV 2 part. I want to get my levels in check then go full steam ahead with SPS!

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I know my camera skills leave a lot to be desired, but I couldn't resist taking some pics of the tank today. I'll start with a FTS...

01/08/2013
01082013b_zps3aa5d604.jpg

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My glass is filthy, there's a shrimp molt caught in my Koralia, but I wouldn't resist taking a quick pic or three :)

I bought these two frags from Aquatic Obsession as ugly brown things. The Milli has since turned a nice turquoise color and the Monti is turning bright green. Any idea on species here?
01162013a_zpsce66d700.jpg

Here are some frags waiting to get glued down. I'm not exactly sure what's what, but everything is doing very well.
01162013b_zps73fc3e7b.jpg

and here's the whole shebang
01162013c_zps8aedf06d.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: