samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I had it for about 2 years. I lost it in the days following Sandy.
2 year is nice, bad Sandy!!! You should have sold it to me with the naso tang :)

Feed him guppies or small minnows ,he has a mouth like a grouper
The fish is already eating rod's food and pellets food and fully acclimated in another tank, just too scared to come out to play. Will get a few in my local lfs and see if he bites. tx!

Sam, how's the blotchy doing? Did she come out yet?
After the 10th night, the little guy finally leave the cave hole, but still only hanging onto the side of the cliff to hunt. When i saw that i quickly grabbed some cyclopeeze and put it in the water, it' was pecking it last night. Now it's back to the hole....lol!

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Its hit or miss but dont worry as long as hes coming out your good to go. They are some of the most amazing fish to watch.
Yes, awsome looking fish....it might have been intimdate by my other fishes...ahhhh

Have you tried Kent Garlic? I managed to get all my picky eaters to eat whatever I give to the tank rather than "ok that one does not eat Mysis, that one does not eat PE Mysis, and that one only eats Brine Shrimp"...
Problem is, this little guy just keep hiding, if he's swimming around it would be easier for me try feeding different food. Yup, i did soak his food in kent garlic.

Should be any day to die or start eating and swimming around....hahhaha!

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Just a quick update. My Blotchy was hanging by it's den after 13 days and hardly leave the area, would come out a little just to pick on food. At around 15th day, he swim out a little bit for more food and still doing the same, don't swim far yet but comes out for food and goes back. Fish don't look skinny so i'm glad. Hopefully this guy will survive long in my tank :)

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I added a Blothcy over a week ago, it never hid at all. It found a overhang it likes to hang out at but it's in the wide open. I see mine cruising around the tank a lot which is odd, because all the info I have ever found suggest these guys like to stay in one spot. Mine even rushes to the top of the tank when I'm near it expecting food.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I added a Blothcy over a week ago, it never hid at all. It found a overhang it likes to hang out at but it's in the wide open. I see mine cruising around the tank a lot which is odd, because all the info I have ever found suggest these guys like to stay in one spot. Mine even rushes to the top of the tank when I'm near it expecting food.

You luck out man! Mine still don't swim more than a foot away from it's hiding place....so....

I couldn't even see the fish for the first 5-7 days, and i thought it decomposed already. And then only seeing it inside his den for several more days before even hanging outside by the rock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: