JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I want to go back to a nano so bad!!!!!!!!!!!

i just finished plumbing mt new 3/4 chiller today. and I took out my amp readings with my probe to do some current draws and OMG!!!!!

chiller= 14 amps
heaters when on in winter = 11amps
MH lights,vho's,led's = 7 amps
2 main pumps= 5 amps
3 vortexs = 2 amps
sump pump for ro water in basement = 10 amps
and all my other stuff running together with above = 47 amps
this is ,ca reactor,fuge light,frag light,frag pumps,controlers,salt mixers, uv lights,lights in basement roometc..

most amp draws are close but not exact due to many things off the same breaker.also not running all the time

I have 4 20 amp breakers just for my fish tank

UnknownWaters

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hmm I get $800/$1000 electric bills in the summer. BUT I HAVE A 1800 SF RESTAURANT WITH 2 MAJOR EXHAUST FANS AND 15 TONS OF A/C 2 WALKIN COOLERS AND 4 OTHER LARGE COOLERS you guys are nutz with these bills.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Why don't you go solar -take advantage of the tax write off and government grants for the business and get the free advertising by being a green business in your area- get a free slot in your local paper- plus you can get credit for any additional power you give back to the grid

James983

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Jarrett, best not to even think about it. The more you do, the more it will bother you. LIPA has us by the ba%#s. Solar panels will be our only option on LI if we want to stay here. Not that ConEd is much better.

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
to go solar is like 60 grand!!! And LIPA does not buy electric back from you. Why would they buy something they already have?!?

I thought Freeport had cheap electric?

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hmm I get $800/$1000 electric bills in the summer. BUT I HAVE A 1800 SF RESTAURANT WITH 2 MAJOR EXHAUST FANS AND 15 TONS OF A/C 2 WALKIN COOLERS AND 4 OTHER LARGE COOLERS you guys are nutz with these bills.
I could almost digest that bill seeing your listed of products gorging themselves from an electrical outlet. I damn near sh$t my pants when I got a bill for 350 for the house. That was out of fear my wife would see the bill and hit me or break my tanks.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
to go solar is like 60 grand!!! And LIPA does not buy electric back from you. Why would they buy something they already have?!?

I thought Freeport had cheap electric?

You're partially correct, the original cost of most systems will be in that price range but after the rebates from LIPA, state and fed the cost is typically 1/3. The excess electric your system creates LIPA does buy back but for a lot less then we pay. Hopefully Paul B sees this and can fill in any missing items.

Jarret

While those numbers are close keep in mind you are not running them all at the same time and for 24 hours, use the electric calc on the home homepage to get a better idea....if you dare.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: