W

WhaleBiologist

Wait, you're positive it's the heater? Has it been moved from it's usual place so that it's getting a colder reading and responding to it? Have you felt any electrical current in the water? Grounding wires are cheap and always good to have just in case.

Don't forget to keep an eye on the fish! I saw a tank go to almost a hundred degrees with barely any immediate losses but they started dropping like flies after a while.

Some advice from that experience: Keep checking ammonia and nitrite, adding an airstone to oxidize the water would be a good idea cuz filter bacteria crap out in mid-90 deg's. Cut way back on feeding too.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
hey silly question but where is your vents for your home air system? bc my tank got up to 88 yesterday.. i had everthing off (heat,a/c) and my condo got to 78 deg.. so when you add the lights, pumps and anything else that heats up its gonna raise your temp..i put a small fan on the top of my tank and it brough the temp down a bit.. but i had the air on today and the temps were normal..

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Well, even with my 10K lights off the whole day my tank went up to 84 degrees. The chiller is back in doing its thing. It's just too hot and muggy outside and my significant other just didn't think of putting on the a/c. agghhhh, these women.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
What a difference a fan blowing between the lights and the surface of the water makes
I'm running my fan on high while the mh are on and low the rest of the day the heater is set at 78 between these things my temp is only changing a half a degree never going above 78
I need more info on how to automate the fan lights and thermometer so they work togeather!

What controller can I use to do this? What kind of thermometer do I need to make it work with a controller?
Anyone have a used one I can buy?

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
lol i told u....i only use fans and my MH are less then 7" above the water. my temp stays between 77-78

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: