dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Will vodka dosing increase or decrease the spread of red slime/cyanobacteria?

My experience is decreasing red slime, nitrate and phosphate, increase the clarity of the water, but I think over-dosing possibly casued the death of my 2 giant clams and coral bleaching.

James

ReeferMadness99

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey James, its Carin & Felix! I heard there are issues with bacteria growth when you use organic carbons. Wouldn't that stimulate cyanobacteria even more? I'm curious because I'm thinking about dosing my tank. By the way, the SPS you gave me looks great in the tank. Do you know what the name of it was (the yellow acro you clipped for me)? See you soon!

dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey James, its Carin & Felix! I heard there are issues with bacteria growth when you use organic carbons. Wouldn't that stimulate cyanobacteria even more? I'm curious because I'm thinking about dosing my tank. By the way, the SPS you gave me looks great in the tank. Do you know what the name of it was (the yellow acro you clipped for me)? See you soon!

My experience is the red slime was decreased after vodka dosing, I am not good in chemistry and biology. Billsreef of LIRA at RC is an expert of this issue, he is more qualified to give you the correct answer.

The SPS fragged from my tank is "green milipora" as shown on the following picutre. The color turned a little yellow because it is too close to the MH.

80811017.jpg

James

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: