A

Anonymous

I have the MP40 Gen2. It sh@t the bed twice in one month, the first time it was busted right out of the box. The second was the wet side rattled in pulse mode and after a while, even on full blast. It was replaced both times without a problem and the shipping was covered by EcoTech. The customer service(CS) at EcoTech is excellent, at least on par with Tunze CS. I use the pump on short pulse mode on my 125(6'L x 18"W) opposite my Tunze(1850 GPH 3 second pulse). I will, in the future, get another and run them in short pulse mode opposite each other for more of a wave.

SMS, the Vortech will be fine in a 120(48"x24") if you use it on high power steady and in conjunction with your sump returns. However, you will want another down the road, as I do. When you have two the waves will be incredible. There is nothing like the swaying corals...even swaying fish.

A

Anonymous

I have the MP40 Gen2. It sh@t the bed twice in one month, the first time it was busted right out of the box. The second was the wet side rattled in pulse mode and after a while, even on full blast. It was replaced both times without a problem and the shipping was covered by EcoTech. The customer service(CS) at EcoTech is excellent, at least on par with Tunze CS. I use the pump on short pulse mode on my 125(6'L x 18"W) opposite my Tunze(1850 GPH 3 second pulse). I will, in the future, get another and run them in short pulse mode opposite each other for more of a wave.

SMS, the Vortech will be fine in a 120(48"x24") if you use it on high power steady and in conjunction with your sump returns. However, you will want another down the road, as I do. When you have two the waves will be incredible. There is nothing like the swaying corals...even swaying fish.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In stark contrast I just bought a gen1 used from someone and purchased the gen2 upgrade kit from echotech.

The first one I bought (the new gen2 mp40w) is absolutely wonderful. It runs at a quite hum, and does a GREAT job. So much so that I purchased the above.

If I understand correctly once I install the gen2 magnet kit on the used one I can then flash the software directly from my new gen2 and should have a fully operational slave / master system.

I'm just hoping that the used one works as well as the new one I purchased.

If it does I'll be very happy with these pumps.

BTW I picked up the used one AND the magnet upgrade kit for just under $300. Not a bad purchase if everything works out nicely.

B

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a gen1, I upgraded it to the wireless driver first which was IIRC $100, then i got the magnet upgrade kit which was like nothing, $15 maybe?

If your gen1 has the older sytle driver you may need to get the upgraded one of those but I am not sure. I plan to use one on each side of my new tank when ti comes.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one i purchased is a Gen 1 wireless driver. echotech says the new gen 2 that I have will flash the software to the older driver.

B

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up the battery backup unit today for the Vortech, got it at "wholesale" cost as the store wanted it gone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: