motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Thanks for the info! I have children and they are worth much more than corals. I think I will keep my FOWLR coral-less. I've got Green Star Polyps and I wonder if they are harmless. When you have toddlers - you just can't tell what they can get into!

From Wikipedia "
Typical symptoms of palytoxin poisoning are angina-like chest pains, asthma-like breathing difficulties, tachycardia, unstable blood pressure, hemolysis (destruction of red blood cells), and an electrocardiogram showing an exaggerated T wave. The onset of symptoms is rapid, and death usually follows just minutes after."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palytoxin

Some of you folks who have experienced symptoms probably just got a minute amount of palytoxin not strong enough to kill but enough to say better watch it next time.

man this sound like the same symptons of nerve agents used in weapons of mass destruction... crazy! but dont worry the guys in the white suites will come to decon you and make sure ur not a terrorist...lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: