NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
fishtopia

was up there last monday and had a nice chat with the owner , really nice guy and glad to see he is going to be back in the store, place is very clean and loving the lay out of everything, all the wood work wasn't finished when i was there, but here is some photo's

Attachments

• new tank 359.jpg
    new tank 359.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,784
  • new tank 315.jpg
    new tank 315.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,800
  • new tank 314.jpg
    new tank 314.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,793
  • new tank 321.jpg
    new tank 321.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,816
  • new tank 357.jpg
    new tank 357.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,812

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
The place isn't that cool. The owner is nice but the kids he has working for him are lazy and would rather sit around than take care of the gorilla crabs eating their acro's, cleaning out dead fish, or helping out customers in the store. Oh and sometimes prices come out of thin air.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
brendon hasn't been in how long also, i use to be a regular there and quit going for part of the reasons stated. these concerns were express with jon. he was very acceptent of my thoughts and told me those issue's wont be a problem anymore, new place new rules. as for pest we all know to dip and check. shoot even GA has pest on corals

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
naw i know, and understand, ive gotten worse from members, the verdicts is still out to be seen, but like i said jon is going to be involved again and things were pretty good when he was before, nothing runs the same if the boss isn't around, and it's nothing against the guys who worked there.

Jeff D

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was up there this week, everything was brand new! Clean, and well stocked shellfish the tanks were very nice. Look, I have seen higher end stores, but in the end, you will pay higher prices! every sale goes through a new DELL POS system, lets just hope for the best, and give them the benefit of the doubt, it will be another good source for live stock!

Last edited:

Fishtopia

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I listen to all comments, good and especially bad. I've put alot of work into trying to create a great LFS to go to. Its all of the things that I wasn't able to do with the old place. There's no way to satisfy everyone. I also agree that the store was not the same without me there, but I had no choice at the time. All I can do is my best to make the store a pleasant and positive experience with a large selection of stock at a reasonable price.
I'm always open to suggestions. If you ever want to see it, I'm almost always there trying to get it all finished.
Fishtopia
973 Main Street....yes in Fishkill...5 years at the other location...hopefully many more at the new and much improved one. John 845-896-7555

Rich976USAF

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to add that Fishtopia is a great store, I go there often when im in the area. The store is very clean and the staff are very knowledgeable, trustworthy, and helpful.

John and Fishtopia has been very helpful to HVRKs, organizing group buys, doing special orders, and also even hosting a group meeting recently. Check out this store, it has great saltwater equipment, huge coral selection, and tons of fish.

Check it out Fishkill is a great town.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The place isn't that cool. The owner is nice but the kids he has working for him are lazy and would rather sit around than take care of the gorilla crabs eating their acro's, cleaning out dead fish, or helping out customers in the store. Oh and sometimes prices come out of thin air.
I couldn't have said it better myself,yeas John the owner is nice and yes the kids working there are useless,and ther prices a alittle high too.

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Been there done that. Fishtopia is a clean , local ,great store, John is ALWAYS THERE to listen and work for you. Bought some fish on impulse , years later, there THRIVING.
fresh water !!! salt water fish !!! reef!! They have or can get, with all this mail order BS , Its nice to have a LOCAL store thats there for us.

Last edited:

papare

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was there yesterday for the first time,was impressed with how clean and organized the store was,they have variety a little of every thing,two young guys behind the counter they were helpful and not pushy, I'll go back

tttony

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.7%
18   1   0
Went there this past weekend,10-3 Great deals on salt !!! .Lots of aussie show pieces .sweet salt water blue face angel, They got my business

reefboys

reefboys
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've been to the old store and the new store and talk to john about his workers i was there with my wife and kids and his workers act like i was bothering them. It took them 10 min. before they even realized we were even in the store. Cust. service is the number one priority, and they do not even scratch the surface in that area. They lost my business and word of mouth is everything!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: