ceeworld

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
im looking for someone to program my apex for me, willing to pay you for your time, would like to get it done asap, Im located in queens & my pc is a Mac pls pm if interest in helping me out im really no gd w/ computers, thx
txt or call @ 6462965992Cory

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
With reef controllers, you're better off attempting the configuration yourself. It's the center of your reef, you want to be able to get an understanding and quickly react should something goes awry. Don't hook up anything "life support" dependant at first; no return pump(s), heaters, chillers, etc. You don't want any of these things going on or off in the learning process and not knowing how to enable/disable them immediately. Use a second powerhead, even a cheap one will suffice, learn how to turn it on/off when you want it to, set a timer for on/off with 3 minutes of each other and watch it work. If you run into an issue with a particular setting or trying to accomplish something, post here and members here can chime in.

http://reeftech.webs.com/ has a good starter guide. You are the redundancy to your controller, highly advisable you know the in's-and-out's of it. I had an ATO pump set ON as default state, and during a short power outage I found my sump filling up. G'luck and looking forward to hear about your success.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
With reef controllers, you're better off attempting the configuration yourself. It's the center of your reef, you want to be able to get an understanding and quickly react should something goes awry. Don't hook up anything "life support" dependant at first; no return pump(s), heaters, chillers, etc. You don't want any of these things going on or off in the learning process and not knowing how to enable/disable them immediately. Use a second powerhead, even a cheap one will suffice, learn how to turn it on/off when you want it to, set a timer for on/off with 3 minutes of each other and watch it work. If you run into an issue with a particular setting or trying to accomplish something, post here and members here can chime in.

http://reeftech.webs.com/ has a good starter guide. You are the redundancy to your controller, highly advisable you know the in's-and-out's of it. I had an ATO pump set ON as default state, and during a short power outage I found my sump filling up. G'luck and looking forward to hear about your success.

+1

Regards,
mark

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: