adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I need a led fixture for my 20 gal. Let me know what you got. Nothing over 100w (preferably dimmable). I already made up my mind to buy LEDs so don't bother offering t5 cause I have one already lol
This is what I'm working with
6271d73f-aaa9-c4e7.jpg

6271d73f-aacb-ee1a.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Wattage is meaningless with LEDs for a lot of reasons. I doubt a screw in is going to fit under there unless you feel like cutting holes in the shelf above (which would help with ventilation anyway). I'm not going to comment on other vendors LEDs either way but from the looks of the space you have to work with it's going to really limit the options.

I'm partial to Orphek LEDs and I have 2 of their PR-25s (PAR-38) units that are almost equivalent to a 150w halide at only 24w each and they're dimmable, over a 20gal holding tank. I'll post pics in a few if you want to see what they look like. The tank is just for some livestock that is either being held for customers or is for sale so there's no rockscape and most of the corals are within a few inches of the sand, color and growth are very impressive.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
First pic is a regular auto settings shot of the tank and the second is white balanced which is a closer representation of the actual color (in reality it is a little more blue but the second pic represents the color you get with livestock under the units). Even if I added a 3rd unit the projected monthly cost of running these at max on a regular schedule would still be under $4/month in NY.

unwhitebalanced_20.jpg

whitebalanced_20.jpg

The tank has also been running for about 2 months now and I haven't cleaned the glass yet. You can see the algae now but it's what most tanks I've worked with develop in less than a week. The optics definitely help with that.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
With 4 pcs of the 12,000K MR16 bulbs in a straight line with 6" in between.
par data is as follow
The lights are set at 18"(which is very close to your set up because of the space the MR 16 bulbs occupying below the shelve) above the sensor. Actual numbers will likely to be higher due to the height of your sand bed.

The distribution along the straight line is (data is approximated every 3 inches apart)
(Left side)85...122...158...158...170(CENTER)...158...158...122...85(Right Side)

The bulbs are very lite you can mount them with staple gun or the wire mount sold in HD

You can add or subtract the amount of bulb for you own application.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: