• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I would just stay away from damn maroon clown, they are mean as hell. Your hand will bleed...:D Ask any maroon owner, they'll tell you the same thing. As to what fish to put, hmmm.....i dunno, but my favorite fish in my tank is blue hippo and copperband butterfly (this one is kinda hard to keep).

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I definately want a pair of clowns... either Percs or Maroons... I love the look of both. But MAroons have always caught my eye first. The Copper Band is an awesome fish, but really tough to take care of and the tang is kind of big for my 58.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Rborgia said:
I definately want a pair of clowns... either Percs or Maroons... I love the look of both. But MAroons have always caught my eye first. The Copper Band is an awesome fish, but really tough to take care of and the tang is kind of big for my 58.

Yeah, i know, that's why i just stated "my favorite" fish in my tank is...lolz
I would go with percs and maybe an anemone.

Rborgia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks for the input Sam... Last thing I want is some blood sucking man eatting MAroon Clown which my wife will freak over. I think I will try and locate a pair of percs and hopefully get them a host.

Thanks

Rich

SeaHorseReefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi,

I say: "Buy the maroon if that's what you like." Clowns, being damsels, might be mean (note the conditional). I have one gorgeous gold striped maroon clown and he is a great fish, amusing, bold -- never bit me once. Fish are like people (or are people like fish).

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have one GBMC in my tank ,Very friendly fish never bit or attack me or any fish in the tank ,.But ive seen other owner have an agressive GBMC bite the hell out of them.so i guess its a hit or miss as well.
But they are beautiful fish !!!

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Maroon = Bold / Territorial

Every new addition I added to the tank (fish), he picked at.
Cool looking fish, but not friendly (at least mine wasn't).

When I passed him over to "House" he became a sand stirrer, causing storms.

Welcome to MR "SeaHorseReefer"!
Although it's great to "buy what you like", it's better to know the characteristics of a fish before you place them in your tank.
When having a large amount of rock.....most of the time it's a pain to get them out...:headache:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i have a osc. clownfish and he used to be one of the favorites. untill i added an anemone for the lil bastard. lolz J/k. but he tries to be a big fish and chomp off my hand when my hand is in the tank fixing something. i now have to put a net near him so he stays away from my hand. lolz. doesnt hurt just a scare you get out of it expecting it to hurt. lolz good luck

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
DEEPWATER said:
I have one GBMC in my tank ,Very friendly fish never bit or attack me or any fish in the tank ,.But ive seen other owner have an agressive GBMC bite the hell out of them.so i guess its a hit or miss as well.
But they are beautiful fish !!!
Ronen's is indeed beautiful.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: